The Nhs Are Critically Short Of Staff, This Is Why (And It's Not The Wages)

1 minute ago, Chekhov said:

None of the staff you know mind wearing masks ?

I don't believe that for one second.

I read her post......

"3 - Not one person I know is particularly bothered anymore about wearing masks. We only have to do so in clinical areas and for patient contact now" 

As... Not bothered meaning they don't wear them much now.

I could be wrong but that's just how it looked to me 

• Like 1

Just now, nikki-red said:

You sent me a PM asking what my thoughts are on your latest thread. Why not just ask me in public? 
I don’t trust your motives, and couldn’t care less if you object.

So I sent you  a PM checking you had seen this thread and you object to that ?

I detect ulterior motives here.

2 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Troll finder :
"to antagonize (others) online by deliberately posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive content"
Antagonistic ?   Very much so
Inflammatory ?  Yes
Irrelevant ?  Definitely
Offensive ?  No
Disruptive ?  Yes

4 out of 5

Boo hoo , only one troll on here .

Edited by hackey lad

2 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

You sent me a PM asking what my thoughts are on your latest thread. Why not just ask me in public? 
I don’t trust your motives, and couldn’t care less if you object.

Hang on...so he is sending private messages to people asking them to post on his threads?

Bit creepy.

• Like 2

Just now, sibon said:

Nothing remotely trolly about my post. It is simply an inversion of one of your points. 

I did it to point out your hypocrisy.

No you were trolling, as you well know. You were saying something irrelevant and trying to wind me up. You're infamous for it.

27 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I run my own business and employ two people and I cannot believe what I hear.  Most of these complaints wouldn't cost them much, if anything, to resolve ! But they're totally inflexible and they take their staff for granted, they do not deserve to keep any staff at all.

My place of work is very chaotic at the moment, due to staff shortages and money shortages. But the job itself is good.

The rate of pay makes a difference in all jobs. Amazon are advertising for workers at a higher rate than I get, but I will stay put, because I don't like change.

Just now, El Cid said:

My place of work is very chaotic at the moment, due to staff shortages and money shortages. But the job itself is good.

The rate of pay makes a difference in all jobs. Amazon are advertising for workers at a higher rate than I get, but I will stay put, because I don't like change.

How much people like working some where , and how flexible and thoughtful their bosses are is as important, or more important, than money.

5 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

So I sent you  a PM checking you had seen this thread and you object to that ?

I detect ulterior motives here.

Eh? Why would you suddenly care if I’ve seen your thread?

You more than likely PMd me asking for my thoughts because  you didn’t want my answers to be public in case they didn’t agree with your ‘reasons’?

Edited by nikki-red

18 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

I wonder how flexible Justin would be if both his staff decided they didn’t like working Mondays, or that they both fancied buggering off around the world for a year?

My staff more or less choose between them what days they work. I read somewhere that one of the most important things for employees is to feel they have some control over their working environment etc. My staff certainly have, just so long as one of them, is in they choose between them who is working then tell me, I'm happy with that. It's called keeping your staff happy.

Obviously with only two staff I could not cope with half my workforce leaving for a year, that's just  a stupid thing to say, and it is why many of these employment rules do not apply to small businesses.

6 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

Eh? Why would you suddenly care if I’ve seen your thread?

You more than likely PMd me asking for my thoughts because  you didn’t want my answers to be public in case they didn’t agree with your ‘reasons’?

Incorrect, BTW, what would be the point of that ?

I'm pleased you are happy working in the NHS and have a boss who, apparently, is as flexible with you as possible. But that is not common from what I have heard. Though I still do not believe you that you and all your work colleagues have do not mind wearing  a mask all day !

>>Eh? Why would you suddenly care if I’ve seen your thread?<<

Err, because you work for the NHS ?

Edited by Chekhov

4 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

My staff more or less choose between them what days they work. I read somewhere that one of the most important things for employees is to feel they have some control over their working environment etc. My staff certainly have, just so long as one of them, is in they choose between them who is working then tell me, I'm happy with that. It's called keeping your staff happy.

Obviously with only two staff I could not cope with half my workforce leaving for a year, that's just  a stupid thing to say, and it is why many of these employment rules do not apply to small businesses.

Incorrect, BTW, what would be the point of that ?

I'm pleased you are happy working in the NHS and have a boss who, apparently, is as flexible with you as possible. But that is not common from what I have heard. Though I still do not believe you, that you and all your work colleagues have no problem wearing  a mask all day !

Well as I clearly said we don’t have to wear masks  ALL DAY. 
No one particularly likes it (obviously) but it’s just not a big deal anymore. 

Please don’t ask me for my thoughts if you’re then going to accuse me of lying.

• Like 1