The Nhs Are Critically Short Of Staff, This Is Why (And It's Not The Wages)

4 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

I’m going to bed soon. Up early as I have to be on the ward for 7.

I’d much rather start later but that’s the time they need me to be there, and the time I agreed to when I signed my contract.  

Just go in 2 hours late Nikki,

Tell em you were burgled, and because they couldn't find anything to nick, they pressed the button to off on your alarm clock for spite.

Always worked for me.

• Haha 2

I've not read the entire thread, so apologies if this has been mentioned for a reason, but I would imagine that a big reason why the NHS is short of staff is burnout. 

Those working on the front line in the provision of health have to deal with people sometimes at their worst - in agonising pain, lonely or dying. That must take a huge toll on the mental and emotional health of the staff. Dealing with complex cases, people in impossible situations, and at their worst is not something you can do day after day for years, and not have an effect.

Hopefully the NHS has plenty of systems where staff can debrief at the end of a difficult shift, or at least have somewhere to go when they need someone.

Edited by Mister M
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I've not read the entire thread, so apologies if this has been mentioned for a reason, but I would imagine that a big reason why the NHS is short of staff is burnout. 

Those working on the front line in the provision of health have to deal with people sometimes at their worst - in agonising pain, lonely or dying. That must take a huge toll on the mental and emotional health of the staff. Dealing with complex cases, people in impossible situations, and at their worst is not something you can do day after day for years, and not have an effect.

Hopefully the NHS has plenty of systems where staff can debrief at the end of a difficult day, or at least have somewhere to go when they need someone.

There you go , spoiling the entire thread  😒

Just now, Mister M said:

I've not read the entire thread, so apologies if this has been mentioned for a reason, but I would imagine that a big reason why the NHS is short of staff is burnout

Hopefully the NHS has plenty of systems where staff can debrief at the end of a difficult day, or at least have somewhere to go when they need someone.

Well it takes a lot of time and energy to make those TikTok videos......

Oops, wrong thread 😬

6 minutes ago, Padders said:

Just go in 2 hours late Nikki,

Tell em you were burgled, and because they couldn't find anything to nick, they pressed the button to off on your alarm clock for spite.

Always worked for me.

Hmmm... :huh:

I never realised you used to be a nurse, Mr Padders! :thumbsup: