Center Parcs Goes Cashless

Guest makapaka

Who goes to center parcs to get ripped off anyway?

I’m not surprised they’ve gone cashless - it’s one less expense dealing with your cash.

dont go.

I wouldn't go to Centre Parks (sic) anyway, but there is even less chance now.

Having said that, since my objection to card use is to avoid clogging my bank statement I try to avoid buying anything under £10, but Centre Parks is so soddin' expensive one wonders how often any purchase would be under £10 anyway !

Basically it's just arrogance that a business should tell you how to pay them, who is doing who a favour here ?  This demonstrates a poor attitude to its customers in my view.

Edited by Chekhov

Consider the problem of educating the young about finance, do we have to give a child a card when they start to spend on anything. I remember the joy of being given something to get myself a treat with and going to the corner shop and working out what would be the best bargain in sweets for my few pennies.

The time has arrived when you need a card to “spend a penny” . I pity the schoolteachers who have to try and teach children the relationship between goods and money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HumbleNarrator said:

Paypal just recently gave an early clue as to what's coming down the line. 

When I heard about them trying to censor "Us For Them" I went straight on and donated £10 to them.

I'd have done the same for the Free Speech Union and Spiked Online but could not work out how to easily make a one off £10 donation.

Hopefully PayPal's disgraceful attempt at censorship will have backfired and those organisations have all enjoyed a bumper period of donations !

Incidentally, we dropped PayPal from our Online Shop back in May 20 when they stopped refunding the fees for any refunds we have to give. We went onto Stripe exclusively and subsequently discovered they also do not refund the fees, but they are far cheaper than PayPal's 3 or even 4%, so it more than compensates. 

As an aside, buyers should remember whenever they ask for a refund from an Online supplier that business does not usually get the fees back, so you changing your mind (even before the order has been despatched....) has cost them pound notes, how fair is that ?

Edited by Chekhov
  • Like 1

Many places still accept cash and have no plans to change.  I don't see why the government or any one else is going to be bothered about what you buy from Tesco/Wiko/Matalan ect. Just another non story for the tin foil hatters club to get worked up about.  I'm supprised some of these people go out what with all the 'dangerous' 5G waves about.

cheerful-bearded-man-foil-hat-smiles-thr

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Zinger549 said:

Many places still accept cash and have no plans to change.  I don't see why the government or any one else is going to be bothered about what you buy from Tesco/Wiko/Matalan ect. Just another non story for the tin foil hatters club to get worked up about.  I'm supprised some of these people go out what with all the 'dangerous' 5G waves about.

cheerful-bearded-man-foil-hat-smiles-thr

As long as the authorities are inmediately contacted if someone has the audicity to buy Mrs Browns Boys: The Movie from Tesco, then I am all for it.