Center Parcs Goes Cashless

2 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Ah so the tin foil hat worst case scenario then, fair enough.

Given your view on life I really think you need a hug xxxx

No not the worst case scenario but a possibility once cash is no longer in use.

The tin foil hat thing is so unoriginal try a bit harder.

Guest makapaka
On 17/10/2022 at 08:27, top4718 said:

Let's say in the near future the Gov want's to push the climate agenda further and restrict personal travel, spending on fuel could be "rationed" and once you've spent over your limit you can't get anymore, it would be that easy to control what and how you spend, a very dangerous precedent and one we'll sleep walk into as people seem to think the Gov has our best interest at heart strangely.

I agree with this potential scenario.

what if in the interests of the nhs you were limited to government guidance on the quantity of alcohol you purchase, or tobacco or chocolate for example.

There’s loads of issues if the government or others chose to abuse powers.

that said I’m not worried it’s going to happen either because I don’t think there’s any conspiracy to do so.

People seemingly 'worried' about the implications of of a cashless society,  (I'll be towards the front of the queue if they want to put a microchip in my hand that'll save me from taking my wallet out of a night), yet they're less concerned that they had to provide an email address from a faceless email provider to SF, which registers every time they use it or don't seemed concerned by providing full details to Amazon or Facebook.

Just try looking at some obscure item, "Where can I buy a Nepalese nose flute?", on the internet then watch yourselves being bombarded by ads.  

For the terminally scared, be more worried about what Zuckerberg & Bezos knows about you rather than your Govt. 

Edited by Baron99

I'd like to see people boycotting places that don't accept cash. 

I accept that cashless can be more efficient and easier, but people should not be forced down that route if they don't want it. They should have a choice. 

Next they will be doing away with cash 'because hardly anybody uses it anymore' ignoring the fact that they've frequently had no choice.

Cash is one of our last freedoms before Big Brother takes over.