Safely Storing Petrol ⛽️

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Why ?

Why not? I've got two freezers I can't allow to defrost and with the possibility of power cuts and having been bought a generator I figured I'll get a bit of petrol just in case. Also, my neighbour is old and all electric so if it goes off he can't even heat his living room.

I'm not alone either. I was speaking to the guy in the shop where I got the oil for it and he said they've sold about a 3rd more generators than usual.

10 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Is this part of your "hoarding everything just in case the world ends next week" plan?

Week after next matey 👍

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

Why not? I've got two freezers I can't allow to defrost and with the possibility of power cuts and having been bought a generator I figured I'll get a bit of petrol just in case. Also, my neighbour is old and all electric so if it goes off he can't even heat his living room.

I'm not alone either. I was speaking to the guy in the shop where I got the oil for it and he said they've sold about a 3rd more generators than usual.

Week after next matey 👍

You do realise a freezer switched off for 3 hours, in fact even longer, isnt going to defrost in the slightest if you keep the door closed, dont you?

Thats ignoring the fact the talk of these planned rolling power cuts is a load of bull that wont actially happen.

4 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

You do realise a freezer switched off for 3 hours, in fact even longer, isnt going to defrost in the slightest if you keep the door closed, dont you?

Thats ignoring the fact the talk of these planned rolling power cuts is a load of bull that wont actially happen.

He's attention seeking 

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

My freezers manufacturer reckons mines good for around 7 hours.

You're probably right, it probably won't happen, but it could and the generator was free so I thought why the hell not.

Ey, wouldn't it be funny if one night I'm the only one able to post because you've all had power cuts 😁

You'd feel pretty silly then wouldn't ya 😉🤣