Tuc's Leader Says Says 'Workers Are Being Pushed To Breaking Point'

On 22/06/2023 at 16:34, Chekhov said:

Economics is an inexact science (just like climatology and virology) but I think the premise that many people saved shed loads of money during the lockdowns is pretty reliable. It also explains why inflation did not go higher then it did (if you trust the inflation stats of course....) but has remained stubbornly high.

So you've stepped back from "here's my proof" to "it's my opinion" once it was pointed out you were selectively quoting the part that aligned with your beliefs.  That's a step forward.

By the way, I also think that some of the population built up surplus money during the pandemic.  I suspect that rather then people on furlough, it was the office folks able to work remotely on their usual £50 to £125k or more.  Most of those would have been putting their money on the markets, rather than cash though, which neither of that analysts methods would pick up.

Edited by Tyke02

On 22/06/2023 at 16:34, Chekhov said:

Economics is an inexact science (just like climatology and virology) but I think the premise that many people saved shed loads of money during the lockdowns is pretty reliable. It also explains why inflation did not go higher then it did (if you trust the inflation stats of course....) but has remained stubbornly high.

Economics is an inexact science   ( just like climatology, virology, and Chekhovology ).

Yes,  I think you're right for a change.

I wonder how you got to be so proficient in so many different fields ?

You must be a clever lad.

Edited by Organgrinder