Have You Put Your Heating On Yet?

Yup - went on on the 3rd, but I am in an old house without cavity wall insulation, stone floors and two deep stone cellars - a tad difficult to keep warm - even in the summer,  the front of the house (north-facing) is never boiling.

Edited by RollingJ

It's alright saving the cost of fuel by clothing up but the cold doesn't do your house any good either.

Can see lots of people homes full of damp by March.

I have a coal/log fire so that see's to my downstairs but the upstairs still needs heating.

Thankfully the weather has been mild of late and think I have used my heating twice just for an hour or so, haven't even had to put the log burner on yet except on a couple of occasions.

Edited by Cody's Granddad

36 minutes ago, Cody's Granddad said:

It's alright saving the cost of fuel by clothing up but the cold doesn't do your house any good either.

Can see lots of people homes full of damp by March.

I have a coal/log fire so that see's to my downstairs but the upstairs still needs heating.

Thankfully the weather has been mild of late and think I have used my heating twice just for an hour or so, haven't even had to put the log burner on yet except on a couple of occasions.

Yes indeed. I stopped heating my hall a couple of years ago. It has two outside walls and so is very cold.  Some of the wallpaper started peeling off so I've had to restick it, and I'm not happy climbing up ladders these days...

So far this year I've only been heating the living room. 

Edited by Anna B