Calls For Hillsborough Disaster To Be Taught In Schools

7 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

MP Ian Byrne has written to the Secretary of State for Education, requesting a meeting about the Hillsborough disaster being added to the school curriculum.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/crime/calls-for-hillsborough-disaster-to-be-taught-in-schools-over-vile-man-city-chants-at-anfield-3885683

Your thoughts?

My first reaction is to why but if we are going down that line of thinking, maybe the Munich air disaster should be taught in schools on Merseyside, given what usually happens when Liverpool play Man Utd? 

9 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

MP Ian Byrne has written to the Secretary of State for Education, requesting a meeting about the Hillsborough disaster being added to the school curriculum.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/crime/calls-for-hillsborough-disaster-to-be-taught-in-schools-over-vile-man-city-chants-at-anfield-3885683

Your thoughts?

Bad idea !

• Like 1

Whilst acknowledging the seriousness of what happened at Hillsborough, there are terrible disasters happening all the time. and each one can teach people an important lesson so I don't see the point.

Looks like kids should learn much more about politics and especially about choosing their politicians wisely so that we finish up with someone who can run the country properly and,

when things do go wrong, can learn the lessons without wasting half a lifetime (and a lot of money) getting to the truth and then ensuring that no one pays for it anyway.

I recall many disasters happening since World war 2 and have yet to see a swift and proper response to any of them.

Edited by Organgrinder

There are so many school children suffering from depression and panic attacks these days, and even committing suicide after reading depressing stories online, that we don’t need the Hillsborough disaster to make things worse. A relative of mine was at the disaster, and has never spoken about it since. Better left alone, but needs recording for history purposes.

• Like 2