Prize Payment 3

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

He has, hasnt he? Said so right at the start? Unless he was on about other people.

If you read the first post, it's worded to suggest there is a reference, which he has already searched for, and found other people who's bank couldn't identify the source when given the reference

11 minutes ago, crookesey said:

I’ll ask another question, wholwhat has the authority to pay money into my account?

Anyone who has your a) sort code and account number, or b) your card number.  No "authority" is needed to pay any money in.

What type of transaction is this showing as (i.e. what are the three letters assigned to it, usually down the left hand side of the statement)? That will likely tell you if its been done as a a card refund or a BACS credit.

Edited by HeHasRisen

18 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Anyone who has your a) sort code and account number, or b) your card number.  No "authority" is needed to pay any money in.

What type of transaction is this showing as (i.e. what are the three letters assigned to it, usually down the left hand side of the statement)? That will likely tell you if its been done as a a card refund or a BACS credit.

I managed to pay into a girlfriend's account just by knowing her name and home address. 

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

How on earth did you do that 🤣

It was about 15 years ago. We were with the same bank and I went in and told them she was stuck somewhere and didn't have enough for a cab home. Gave her name and home address and they deposited the cash I gave them.