Horrible World We Live In

On 05/11/2022 at 14:32, zakes said:

Ref:Post 29,

Cedric it is. Thanks for pointing it out Mick. I was close though, because Eric is a big part of an anagram of Cedric lol. Hoping you are well, and still looking for cuttsie in the Park Hotel on matchdays. Was the poster Arfer Mo your father?..Iv'e been recently reading through his posts again.

I saw Jim  Hardie once int Market , I know it was him because he told me all about Bonanza ,  Or was it a mirage .

On 02/11/2022 at 08:56, Cody's Granddad said:

Actually, they choose to start taking drugs knowing they are addictive so they DO choose  

You may or may not be right, but that doesn't mean we have an automatic right to judge.

No one knows all the circumstances surrounding a person who takes up drugs. 

That doesn't make it right, but IMO it's not a good idea to jump to conclusions either.

On 05/11/2022 at 14:32, zakes said:

Ref:Post 29,

Cedric it is. Thanks for pointing it out Mick. I was close though, because Eric is a big part of an anagram of Cedric lol. Hoping you are well, and still looking for cuttsie in the Park Hotel on matchdays. Was the poster Arfer Mo your father?..Iv'e been recently reading through his posts again.

Yes, he died eight years ago aged 90. He’d be chuffed that someone has taken the trouble to read his posts. Hope you’re bearing up ok, zakes.

On 02/11/2022 at 08:56, Cody's Granddad said:

Actually, they choose to start taking drugs knowing they are addictive so they DO choose  

On 07/11/2022 at 11:29, Anna B said:

You may or may not be right, but that doesn't mean we have an automatic right to judge.

No one knows all the circumstances surrounding a person who takes up drugs. 

That doesn't make it right, but IMO it's not a good idea to jump to conclusions either.

Not really judging, just making a point that people who take drugs know there addictive just like alcohol and smoking and not the reason why they start taking them.

Edited by Cody's Granddad

Ref post 33.

Many thanks, Jim, for your reply. Unfortunately, my health aint too good. Kidney problems, DVT..blood clots in my legs, and worst of all, Advanced prostate cancer, metastatic...terminal. The medications I receive are to 'manage' the cancer, to allow me to live a little bit longer. I take a boatload of medications. I also have a catheter installed...so I don't have to go for a tiddle every 2 minutes lol.

I've always been a determined person, so I have battled against my ill health since 2019, but there comes a time when I won't have the will to battle any further. Im not too far away from that time. I can hardly walk, but my best mate, Matt,takes me shopping, for a drive around to places familiar to me during my younger years. Once weekly, Matt takes me out for a few drinks, and to play some Pool. Matt is a real godsend.

It's quite a lonely life, but I fill my time reading and wetching a bit of telly. I also go outside the house to feed the birds. I spend @ £12 per week on various bird foods. Feeling penned in isn't the life for an adventurer like me...nature's boy.

Yep, I enjoyed reading your dad's posts. Arfer Mo is a good user name lol. I like to read posts of Sheffield oldsters. When I was in my teens, I used to spend time at the bowling green, in Hollinsend Park, chatting with old bowlers about their time during the war, and about their schooldays.

All the best to you, Jim.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zakes said:

Ref post 33.

Many thanks, Jim, for your reply. Unfortunately, my health aint too good. Kidney problems, DVT..blood clots in my legs, and worst of all, Advanced prostate cancer, metastatic...terminal. The medications I receive are to 'manage' the cancer, to allow me to live a little bit longer. I take a boatload of medications. I also have a catheter installed...so I don't have to go for a tiddle every 2 minutes lol.

I've always been a determined person, so I have battled against my ill health since 2019, but there comes a time when I won't have the will to battle any further. Im not too far away from that time. I can hardly walk, but my best mate, Matt,takes me shopping, for a drive around to places familiar to me during my younger years. Once weekly, Matt takes me out for a few drinks, and to play some Pool. Matt is a real godsend.

It's quite a lonely life, but I fill my time reading and wetching a bit of telly. I also go outside the house to feed the birds. I spend @ £12 per week on various bird foods. Feeling penned in isn't the life for an adventurer like me...nature's boy.

Yep, I enjoyed reading your dad's posts. Arfer Mo is a good user name lol. I like to read posts of Sheffield oldsters. When I was in my teens, I used to spend time at the bowling green, in Hollinsend Park, chatting with old bowlers about their time during the war, and about their schooldays.

All the best to you, Jim.

Truly sorry to hear you’re that far down the road, zakes.
I used some of my old man’s SF stories at his funeral.

Zakes. I live at S12 though only for the last 4 years or so. I love finding out local history for the areas I live in and I greatly enjoyed your old posts. Though I never realised how many prehistoric animals had survived in the area through to the fifties and sixties 😂. Keep posting while ever you feel like it buddy 👍 Your memoirs are worthy of a book in their own right.

• Like 1