Oxfords Plan To Tackle Road Congestion

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

🙄

I'm just off upstairs to try that now.

No doubt a long and frustrating call to Sky 'technical help' will follow...

Wish me luck.

waste of time usually

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

That was funny.

it's not funny, am gonna have to change brand

7 minutes ago, fools said:

waste of time usually

it's not funny, am gonna have to change brand

And it was a waste of time so I'm having to resort to using what little phone data I have left.

240p, it's been a while.....🥺

9 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

But happy to put links to them on here 

How do you know?

reboot router, log into router interface, check sync speed, try it wired from a pc/laptop

there was another poster with a similar problem, can't remember if it was sky, that turned out to be a dns servier problem

Edited by fools

1 minute ago, fools said:

reboot router, log into router interface, check sync speed, try it wired from a pc/laptop

there was another poster with a similar problem, can't remember if it was sky, that turned out to be a dns servier problem

I tried it with the pc using a cable but it's still slow. To be honest I wouldn't know how to check sync speed, what it means or even what it is I'm afraid.

I'm just waiting for Keith or Brian or Dave to answer the call and speak to me in broken English for a couple of hours.

Oh the joys....

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

History 

And history tells you?

sync speed is the speed of your connection, between router and isp. your internet connection will never exceed this unless you reboot

you find it by logging into the router, with the password you got with it, see instructions

Edited by fools

3 minutes ago, fools said:

sync speed is the speed of your connection, between router and isp. your internet connection will never exceed this unless you reboot

you find it by logging into the router, with the password you got with it, see instructions

Cheers buddy. I'll take a look when I'm done on the phone 👍

29 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I tried it with the pc using a cable but it's still slow. To be honest I wouldn't know how to check sync speed, what it means or even what it is I'm afraid.

I'm just waiting for Keith or Brian or Dave to answer the call and speak to me in broken English for a couple of hours.

Oh the joys....

And history tells you?

That you are happy to put links on here that you don’t read