Are You Frugal?

We have a cost of living crisis, but we have all been saving money for years, right?

How can we judge when someone is good at saving money?

I don't like waste and I have various friends that are tight with their money. Some will never buy a round of drinks!

I like to recycle, because not doing so would be wasteful 

43 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Some will never buy a round of drinks!

That’s not being frugal.

Buying booze in supermarket and not going to the pub in the first place, is 😉

(…or not drinking any booze, but tap water only, for extreme types!)

I’m not frugal as such, more like ‘careful but not to the point of missing out’. The local economy says “thanks”.

Edited by L00b

we are all having to be carefull these days,i say grown your own veg if you can,recycle what ever you can,in the 50s/60s bikes where always passed down or sold unlike today where they just dump them,we also need to be carefull with heating as well.put on a extra jumper

Despite never having worked more than 3 days a week, I have saved a nice nest egg and paid off the mortgage in my 30's. Frugality has certainly helped - got my kitchen out of a skip, wired my own house, don't eat takeaways, home brew, grow beans toms courgettes etc, fix most things with help from YouTube if needed, walk most places, don't subscribe to streaming services. Most things you might want tend to fall into your lap if you wait a while tbh.

I some times  wish I had been frugal , but spent every penny , holidays , jaguars , houses , boats , computers , camera's  and wild wild women , Now I am skint , But my head is full of memory's that having a few quid under the bed could not buy , We are only here for a very short time why spend it worrying about tomorrow ,

Edited by cuttsie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

I some times  wish I had been frugal , but spent every penny , holidays , jaguars , houses , boats , computers , camera's  and wild wild women , Now I am skint , But my head is full of memory's that having a few quid under the bed could not buy , We are only here for a very short time why spend it worrying about tomorrow ,

YOLO. 

Single people can find it difficult when it comes to food. I invested in a second freezer so all my vegetables are blanched and frozen in meal sized portions on the day i buy them. Same for bread (2 slices at a time) and meat. I cook most meals from scratch so there is rarely if ever any waste.

• Like 1