Xmas Market Ect Moves To The Moor,What Do You Think?

21 minutes ago, bassett one said:

WHY?

Why are you shouting?

its the wrong orientation imo, should be rotated 90 degrees.

FB-IMG-1668616238092.jpg

Also what astonishing sights can you see from a big wheel on the Moor? The sum total of cack all.

"Oh look Mummy, there's the Moorfoot building! Wow!!"

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Why are you shouting?

FB-IMG-1668616238092.jpg

Also what astonishing sights can you see from a big wheel on the Moor? The sum total of cack all.

"Oh look Mummy, there's the Moorfoot building! Wow!!"

Hmmm... :huh:

Now I could be wrong here but...
... I thought the whole point of a 'Big Wheel' was that it rotated a full 360°? :hihi:

Whoosh...
... there you go Mr Risen, I've saved you the trouble! ;)

I happen to think that it's perfectly positioned to attract people to walk down the Moor.

And it's clearly been positioned with cyclists in mind...
... those people who have the ability to turn their heads to see what's behind them!

I can't understand why people are always having a go at the council for doing things wrong... :roll:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Mark the date, everyone! It's a (near) Christmas miracle 😘

I think you'll find I ALWAYS give credit where it's due...
... it's just that it doesn't happen very often where SCC are concerned!

And while I'm here, I think all the wooden cabins/shacks/huts also make the place look very festive...
... so clearly SOMEONE at SCC knows what they're doing!

Well done that man/woman/person of questionable gender! :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

Why are you shouting?

FB-IMG-1668616238092.jpg

"Oh look Mummy, there's the Moorfoot building! Wow!

Oh please, It's hardly supposed to be competing with the London eye, is it. It's a fairground attraction that's here for a few weeks and will mainly be used by young kids and their parents who are more interested in the ride rather than some photogenic life-changing view.   When it was located at the top of fargate the view was hardly some glorious aspect.  

They will have good reason why it is in the position. It is. These things aren't done on a whim. Maybe it's mountings have to be in a certain position which are only feasible in that direction. Maybe there is access issues with side roads or utility corridors or man holes which had to be kept clear.  

Either way, does it really matter. It's creating a bit of life and footfall to the area. Something a bit of a novelty for people to visit up to Christmas.  I seriously think some people just take delight in putting everything down at all times no matter what the council does.

Edited by ECCOnoob

3 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Oh please, It's hardly supposed to be competing with the London eye, is it. It's a fairground attraction that's here for a few weeks and will mainly be used by young kids and their parents who are more interested in the ride rather than some photogenic life-changing view.   When it was located at the top of fargate the view was hardly some glorious aspect.  

I seriously think some people just take delight in putting everything down at all times no matter what the council does.

Or some people can be objective and call them out on good and bad things? Imagine that. 

Indeed the view in the old location was hardly great. "Ooh look Mummy, there is someone in Yorkshire House eating his lunch!"

Edited by HeHasRisen

3 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

I seriously think some people just take delight in putting everything down at all times no matter what the council does.

I agree with you...

... some people will use any feeble excuse just to knock SCC! :roll:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

Or some people can be objective and call them out on good and bad things? Imagine that. 

Indeed the view in the old location was hardly great. "Ooh look Mummy, there is someone in Yorkshire House eating his lunch!"

Out of interest, when was the last time you called them out on doing a good thing?