Xmas Market Ect Moves To The Moor,What Do You Think?

46 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

You can see what's the problem regarding the new site for the big wheel?   The problems causing the delay in opening up the businesses in the shipping containers at the top of Fargate have thrown everything else out of sync. 

The containers should have been up & running during the summer / autumn & have been moved on by now to the new location that SCC keep hinting they will eventually go too, & they would have been replaced with the big wheel for the late autumn / Christmas period. 

Hmmm... :huh:

Although this may seem to be the case to some of the less informed of us...
... I'm sure the highly professional individuals who do this sort of thing for a living certainly know more about how to position a state-of-the-art retail establishment in a prime city centre location than the rest of us.

Yes, I know some of us may have previous experience of siting a garden shed in our back garden or allotment, but this is NOT the same thing.

Teams of town planning experts will have spent hours and hours in countless meetings to ensure that the installation of such high-profile erections all tick like clockwork!

And in the event of an unexpected occurrence happening that is outside the control of even the most skillful of project managers, a thorough contingency plan will have been drawn up to ensure that things still run as smoothly as they were intended, with absolutely NO inconvenience to either retailers or the public!

So please leave SCC alone...

... it's NOT THEIR FAULT! :roll:

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, prince al said:

". The pint of German beer, served in a plastic cup, was £5. Which would be OK, if a better and bigger pint was not being sold just 500 meters away for half the price, and with twice the atmosphere."

Can somewhere tell me where this £2.50 pint is, that is presumably better than a pint from Germany? If he is on about a pint of bitter in Wetherspoons, that doesn't count.

And how can a pint be bigger elsewhere? A pint is a pint ffs, 568ml, have the laws of physics and volume been redrawn in Sheffield or something?

Edited by HeHasRisen

3 minutes ago, dutch said:

Had a look at that and thought that whoever wrote this has more obsessions with beer and alcohol than celebrating christmas.

He probably also thinks a pint of Bud Light in 'Spoons is a better pint than Paulaner or whatever the place on the Moor is selling. An absolute cretin and a shambles of an article.

The pint at £2.50 was at The Globe  and 500 yards away, but what he doesn't say is that The Globe maybe 500 yards away but you have to navigate a dual carriage way to get there and then when you do you might as well be a mile away because it really is nowhere near the Xmas Market. 

3 minutes ago, sammo sparks said:

The pint at £2.50 was at The Globe  and 500 yards away, but what he doesn't say is that The Globe maybe 500 yards away but you have to navigate a dual carriage way to get there and then when you do you might as well be a mile away because it really is nowhere near the Xmas Market. 

A pint of what though?

Water?

Spit?

Bath water (i.e. bitter)

?

Just now, sammo sparks said:

Doom bar @ £2.00

Guinness @ 2.75

Carling @ £2.50

None of which are comparible to a pint of imported, decent, German beer so the writer of the article is an absolute cretin.

I wouldnt give Carling to my worst enemy.

Edited by HeHasRisen

3 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

None of which are comparible to a pint of imported, decent, German beer so the writer of the article is an absolute cretin.

I wouldnt give Carling to my worst enemy.

I bet you don't a free schnapps with your first beer as in Germany.

Ein grosse bier bitte.