Xmas Market Ect Moves To The Moor,What Do You Think?

The xmas market is not just at the moor and a section is by peacegardens and container area. There were lots of people there today saturday noon, despite the damp weather.  

Might check it out a bit moor later on another day but did not feel tempted to have any food or drinks there. Sheffield city centre needs some urgent new development to bring it back to live. The dirty empty shops/buildings are becoming too much of a trend there and a public toilet container is not going to sort this.

The xmas market dit make it all feel a bit better at the moment.

43 minutes ago, bassett one said:

cannot be good looking at walls on the big wheel,no views

Well it didn't seem to be putting off the queue of people waiting to go on it this afternoon when I walked past.

How many more times does this keep coming up. Its not being used as some great observation wheel for god sake. It's a bloody fairground ride which plenty seemed to be enjoying.

Unless they're going to be mounting it on the roof of St. Paul's Tower or the top of Jawbone Hill just what stunning breathtaking views were you expecting?  

Moaning for moanings sake. Just like the hatchet job article that's floating about from the trash website Yorkshire Live.  Some so-called journalist giving their critique all over the event, making ridiculous comparators and banging on that prices are cheeper in one of the pubs.......  I mean God shock horror outstanding journalism that.  Their next sensational exclusive story is going to be telling us telling us that food from a small convenience store is more expensive than a big supermarket 🙄

All I can say is that I have now twice been through it since it opened - once late evening after work and once this afternoon - both times, despite the weather, it's been really busy, plenty of people in the Alpine bars, the food vendor areas around peace gardens was rammed and even the container park had people in and out using the food vendors and shop.   Bear in mind, It's only just opened and the Christmas nights out/ shopping weeks haven't really got going yet. I can't see it slowing down much. 

Even if it's not someone's personal tastes, can't we just be happy about something happening in the city bringing a bit of life.  

Edited by ECCOnoob
  • Like 1