Advice Re Printer For My Computer

Runningman

I currently have an Epson Stylus  DX 7450 which has been a good buy over a number of years.

Unfortunately it's died on me and I don't think I can recover it.

I have been using unofficial ink cartridges, please don't tell me I shouldn't have, I know that.

I purchase them from a company called King of Flash in Greater Manchester

They are considerably cheaper than Epson cartridges and I do have a stock of them left.

Any advice on what printer to buy that will take an unofficial cartridge.

Official cartridges as you will be well aware are expensive and I do carry out a lot of printing

I look forward to a helpful response ! 

I got my Canon printer from Currys.

It takes 6 ink cartridges and is excellent for printing photographs up to A4 size.

Ask about their insurance where if anything goes wrong in a specified time they replace the printer.

I stopped buying Canon inks years ago because of the price and now use ink from Stinky Ink by post.

3 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

I got my Canon printer from Currys.

It takes 6 ink cartridges and is excellent for printing photographs up to A4 size.

Ask about their insurance where if anything goes wrong in a specified time they replace the printer.

I stopped buying Canon inks years ago because of the price and now use ink from Stinky Ink by post.

Me too I think they are great and cheap.

The key thing here is to check on ebay/amazon on the price of compatible inks before you buy your chosen printer. If there are loads listed at good prices (as above) for that model then you're away.

I have used an old Epson D88 for years and never had a problem with the cheaper inks, although if you demand the best colour renditions then the maker's inks might be better.

Tip- keep your printer wrapped in a thickish plastic cover if not in use more than a week or so.