Heeley Green Memories. Continue

jdg

Hi jdg. If you type in :-

Heeley Local History

you will find a list of Heeley History interested groups.

Ok Heartshome.

Well obvious..no interest.

I actually lived on Heeley green, at the top close to Mary's drink shop..( next door to her was the Ball Inn). Then United's training ground.

Two cottages at the top, cobbled road, we lived in the first cottage ...

Field in front of us.

Short cut over to Derby st.

Back of us Myrtle road,  two hundred yards to our infant and junior school.. Heeley Bank school.  Aka Heeley Bank bucket bangers...

Edited by jdg

26 minutes ago, jdg said:

I actually lived on Heeley green, at the top close to Mary's drink shop..( next door to her was the Ball Inn). Then United's training ground.

Field in front of us.

Back of us Myrtle road,  two hundred yards to our infant and junior school.. Heeley Bank school.  Aka Heeley Bank bucket bangers...

Hia jdg. You sometimes have to wait a little while, as not everyone comes on here every day.

In the meantime, why not try going on the SHEFFIELD HISTORY FORUM, and put a post in

the SHEFFIELD HISTORY CHAT - ask a question?  -  members on there love to talk about

local area History, places and people. It's worth a try. Ok Heartshome.

Edited by Heartshome

I worked with a plumber called Henry Memmot, Memmot is an old Heeley name, I was only looking at a Sheffield Directory of 1787 and there was a Memmot living in Heeley way back then. History is still alive and well living in Heeley.

Edited by lazarus

Lazarus...yes apparently nemmot 83 percent of people with that name live in Yorkshire.

2 hours ago, Heartshome said:

Hia jdg. You sometimes have to wait a little while, as not everyone comes on here every day.

In the meantime, why not try going on the SHEFFIELD HISTORY FORUM, and put a post in

the SHEFFIELD HISTORY CHAT - ask a question?  -  members on there love to talk about

local area History, places and people. It's worth a try. Ok Heartshome.

Hearts home thank you for the advice 

My maternal great grandparents were residents in the latter quarter of the 19th century, even though they originate from Bath and Dublin respectfully. They were having kids from the latter days of Queen Victoria until circa 1920, being taken visiting family was a history lesson in itself, I recall Carfield Street, Richards Road and Slate Street often being mentioned.

I lived on Prospect Terrace from mid 50's until we were cleared out in the late 60's for the "Non existant" By pass. My Maternal Grandparents lived on ProspectRd, my Grandad being a regular in the Sheaf and my Paternal Grandparents lived on Cross Myrtle Rd, not far from the Ball Inn.

Edited by kevvy

15 hours ago, jdg said:

Field in front of us.

Might have helped to mention a particular time period.

I grew up  in Heeley, then lower Arbourthorne. Went to Anns Rd infants, then Heeley Bank.

(40's and 50's)

Knew Heeley Green very well in those days.

Edited by trastrick