Moorfoot Building To Be Flats What Peoples Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Planner1 said:

Yeah, every council in the country that I’ve come across uses a very similar format, but you know better of course. 

If you had presented your reports  in a way that did not comply with the corporate style / format I’m sure there would have been questions asked too.

Like someone else said, if you don’t like how SCC reports are formatted and written, complain to your councillor. The reports are written for them in the style and format they require.

I never said I know better, I'm just putting my point of view - as you are.

When I started, my reports were often criticised, for various reasons, but I learned how to write clear and concise ones fairly quickly. Many of mine were templates, as they were weekly/monthly production/disruption ones, but some were for specific projects and those followed a format of: Title>objective>investigation>observation>suggestions/recommendations>conclusion. At no point were large chunks repeated, if I wanted to refer back to a specific point, I merely quoted the relevant section number.

Edited by RollingJ

6 minutes ago, Man in Crete said:

Just out of pure interest does anyone know how many years this planner 1 person has been retired?

Why is that relevant in any way? He could have been retired 1 year or 20 years, whats the difference? I dont think its any of our business. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

22 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

I mean, by his own admission he hasnt worked for the local authority for years 🤣 maybe have a chat with your local councillors if you think the format is a joke.

You re not by any chance a pal of his in some way shape or form-asking for a friend?

4 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Because he used to work for them.

Yes but if he left years ago as seems to be the case how is he upto date with the inner workings such he can lecture the common man?  

5 minutes ago, Man in Crete said:

In which how does he know how scc work internally?

Because I worked for them for well over 20 years in 2 stints ( and several roles) and retain contacts there. It hasn’t changed much in the few years since I moved on.