Moorfoot Building To Be Flats What Peoples Thoughts?

3 minutes ago, Man in Crete said:

Yes but if he left years ago as seems to be the case how is he upto date with the inner workings such he can lecture the common man?  

You should know as well as I do, that Councils, like nationalised industries, have a way of working that is set in granite - it never changes.

4 minutes ago, Man in Crete said:

You re not by any chance a pal of his in some way shape or form-asking for a friend?

Yes but if he left years ago as seems to be the case how is he upto date with the inner workings such he can lecture the common man?  

Is providing a bit of factual information classed as  “lecturing the common man” nowadays?

3 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

You should know as well as I do, that Councils, like nationalised industries, have a way of working that is set in granite - it never changes.

Don’t think this is true.

Councils are changing constantly in response to the issues of the day and the never ending budget pressures.

In some ways it can appear from the outside that they don’t change, but that’s probably because of the way they are set up, with democratically elected councillors taking the decisions and officers reporting to them. That is a constant.

Internally, staff structures, reporting lines and processes change all the time. Partly in the pursuit of constant improvement and partly because there’s less and less money available and ever increasing demands. 

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

Facts arent welcome around these parts, come on you know this.

Oh dear! :(

You're really taken in by all this aren't you, Mr Risen?

Are we supposed to believe EVERYTHING we're told are FACTS just because someone professes to have worked for SCC some years ago?

How do any of us know what the REAL truth is? :suspect:

35 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Oh dear! :(

You're really taken in by all this aren't you, Mr Risen?

Are we supposed to believe EVERYTHING we're told are FACTS just because someone professes to have worked for SCC some years ago?

How do any of us know what the REAL truth is? :suspect:

We dont have any reason to disbelieve he didnt tbh. If he has knowledge of how things work there where is the harm of sharing that on the forum?

TBF I am surprised he does, given the amount of abuse he gets back for doing so. He provided factual information in the thread about the arts grants and got it back for doing so, better that than the misinformed opening post of that thread.

Edited by HeHasRisen

3 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

We dont have any reason to disbelieve he didnt tbh. If he has knowledge of how things work there where is the harm of sharing that on the forum?

TBF I am surprised he does, given the amount of abuse he gets back for doing so.

:hihi:
Yeah right...
... and you don't think it's odd that someone who NO LONGER works for SCC spends hours on here defending any post that may criticise them? :roll:

• Like 1

Just now, Mr Bloke said:

:hihi:
Yeah right...
... and you don't think it's odd that someone who NO LONGER works for SCC spends hours on here defending any post that may criticise them? :roll:

If thats what he wants to do, so be it. He doesnt need the abuse for bringing further info to the forum does he? 

As I said, the thread about the arts grants a case in point. Someone starts it with a post full of inaccuracy, Planner1 comes along to put him right. Wheres the problem?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

If thats what he wants to do, so be it. He doesnt need the abuse for bringing further info to the forum does he? 

As I said, the thread about the arts grants a case in point. Someone starts it with a post full of inaccuracy, Planner1 comes along to put him right. Wheres the problem?

Hmmm... :huh:

OK, I've just re-read that thread.

So where's the 'abuse'? Has it been removed?

All I see is criticism of SCC...

... and if Mr Planner NO LONGER works for SCC as he says, then how is criticism of SCC interpreted as him receiving 'abuse'? :roll:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

OK, I've just re-read that thread.

So where's the 'abuse'? Has it been removed?

All I see is criticism of SCC...

... and if Mr Planner NO LONGER works for SCC as he says, then how is criticism of SCC interpreted as him receiving 'abuse'? :roll:

Come on now, I have seen countless people slag him off personally merely for him putting forward an official and/or alternative view. Its happened on here for years.

If you are happy to have him chased off the forum, thats up to you. Would be boring if everyone agreed with each other round here...

Edited by HeHasRisen