Moorfoot Building To Be Flats What Peoples Thoughts?

8 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Come on now, I have seen countless people slag him off personally merely for him putting forward an official and/or alternative view. Its happened on here for years.

If you are happy to have him chased off the forum, thats up to you. Would be boring if everyone agreed with each other round here...

Hmmm... :huh:

Now if I was to be as pedantic as yourself, Mr Risen...
... I would ask you to supply evidence of these posts where he has been personally 'slagged off'.

But I'm not... so I won't...
... so let's just get back to praising SCC for the wonderful job they're doing! :hihi:

1 minute ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

Now if I was to be as pedantic as yourself, Mr Risen...
... I would ask you to supply evidence of these posts where he has been personally 'slagged off'.

But I'm not... so I won't...
... so let's just get back to praising SCC for the wonderful job they're doing! :hihi:

Using the search forum on here? You are having a laugh, no chance. There is beer to be drunk.

But yes, selling an mainly empty building looks to be a good call.

Edited by HeHasRisen

• 2 weeks later...

the recomendation is that the building is sold or turned to flats asap as its costioning fortunes as a only part used building,some flats will be sold and some will be up for rent,but will lots of folk want to buy one,? would many on here want to buy or rent a flat there at the bottom of the moor near pubs open until 6am?

8 minutes ago, bassett one said:

the recomendation is that the building is sold or turned to flats asap as its costioning fortunes as a only part used building,some flats will be sold and some will be up for rent,but will lots of folk want to buy one,? would many on here want to buy or rent a flat there at the bottom of the moor near pubs open until 6am?

Plenty of people want to live in city centres, do you think they build all these apartment blocks for the fun of it?

34 minutes ago, bassett one said:

but at the bottom of the moor in a ugly building? also next to pubs open until 6am?  it doesnt sound a good idea to me

Have you seen all the flats near West St?

Yes, its probably doesnt sound like a good idea to you, arent you a pensioner? Plenty of younger people would probably love it. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

I don’t think it would be a bad idea to convert this building into residential space but the reality is that the current building regs mean that it would cost a fortune. I know of developers who have been badly burned converting old buildings so I don’t think there would be many takers for this project. Also the long closed walkway below it wouldn’t actually become a hive of street cafes and independent shops. It would become an unpoliced dive of drug dealers, spice heads and muggers unfortunately. Just like other areas of the city.

30 minutes ago, Jim117 said:

I don’t think it would be a bad idea to convert this building into residential space but the reality is that the current building regs mean that it would cost a fortune. I know of developers who have been badly burned converting old buildings so I don’t think there would be many takers for this project. Also the long closed walkway below it wouldn’t actually become a hive of street cafes and independent shops. It would become an unpoliced dive of drug dealers, spice heads and muggers unfortunately. Just like other areas of the city.

It already is 

On 27/10/2022 at 21:20, hackey lad said:

Oh yes and I reckon the Landlord has moved away from student accommodation now due to the number of new fancy student flats in town  . But he paid for those big houses many times over and  I think ,still owns them but hes gone more upmarket now 

HMO's are traditionally associated with either students or those who have fell on hard times/low incomes/etc but as home ownership becomes a more distant thing for many and even renting is tough I've seen a lot of high end HMO's appear aimed at the working younger professional who is on a reasonable income but lives in a high rent area, I've worked in several in Harrogate for example. Whether Sheffield equates with Harrogate is another matter...

Whatever happens with the old MSC building it needs to be quick in starting. Part empty and even fully vacant premises are very expensive to run/keep in a state for re-occupancy/redevelopment unless the plan is to demolish or strip back to structural core to redevelop.