Moorfoot Building To Be Flats What Peoples Thoughts?

a builder near me at lowedges converted a old 2 bed semi ,put a new roof on converted the attic with a bathroom and walk out space not sure of its proper name,did 3 on suite bedrooms on 1st floor ,then 1 on suite bedroom on the ground floor,extended and built a big living/dining kitchen with glass roof a fantastic patio and grassed area and on the front paved for 5 cars ,looks terrific rent 5 rooms all in gas electric ect,ect,provides a cleaner as well/gardener and its always full with decent people,so it can work ,but on a scale of say 650 flats on the moor building i doubt it,but the quicker the better that something is sorted.

• 1 month later...
On 04/11/2022 at 10:29, bassett one said:

when do scc workers move out of the old manpower building?

I have been reliably informed that people are starting to move out of there in Feb/Mar and it will be fully empty "by the spring".

Had a look at Sheffnews.com and seems this isnt publicly acknowledged yet, but someone has sent me the internal email, so I have seen it with my own eyes.

20 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I have been reliably informed that people are starting to move out of there in Feb/Mar and it will be fully empty "by the spring".

Had a look at Sheffnews.com and seems this isnt publicly acknowledged yet, but someone has sent me the internal email, so I have seen it with my own eyes.

Which year?

So, there is going to be a very large empty building  near the city centre by let's say late spring. What are the possibilities for it's future use? Shops/retail units...doubt it,  there are plenty already empty and it's in the wrong place.  Offices...doubt it....it would be either a large company or several small ones to fill it. Pull it down....it would cost a fortune to do that and then another fortune to develop the land.  Leave it empty and let it deteriate until it's unsafe....and then pull it down (see above). The only practical solution is to develop it into residential use, the location is good for that and there seems to be a strong market for inner city accommodation. 

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

Well I hope the email was authorised to be seen by your own eyes, because if not that "someone" has been behaving  recklessly and such type of actions could come back to bite them on the backside one day.

Don't know about the council, but deliberate unauthorised disclosure of internal documents in my business is instant dismissal territory. 

Edited by ECCOnoob