Moorfoot Building To Be Flats What Peoples Thoughts?

43 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

That 'report' repeats itself so many times it is unbelievable. The author is obviously under-employed.

It’s just the council’s standard report format that makes that happen.  The author is a director and certainly will not be “under employed” 

• Like 1

Well, @Planner1, if I had produced that amount of waffle in the reports I  had to write in my working days, my managers/directors would be wondering what other jobs they could find for me - a report should be be clear, concise and as brief as possible - or so I was always told.

In other words, the 'standard format' needs extensive revision.

Edited by RollingJ
Added text.
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Well, @Planner1, if I had produced that amount of waffle in the reports I  had to write in my working days, my managers/directors would be wondering what other jobs they could find for me - a report should be be clear, concise and as brief as possible - or so I was always told.

In other words, the 'standard format' needs extensive revision.

Hmmm... :huh:

I'd be surprised if the 'Director' has even read the report.

I've seen this sort of thing before...
... it gets read by some 'menial' who 'signs it off' and forwards it to their 'manager'.

The 'manager' is 'too busy' to read everything, so as it's already been 'signed off' by the 'menial' just adds his/her signature and forwards it up to the next level, and so on.

So effectively, each level of 'authorisation' is just rubber stamping that the 'report' has been 'authorised' by the previous level.

I agree with you completely Mr Rolling about the quality of the report...
... but we're apparently wrong to comment, as SCC 'know best'.

It's just another example of what is accepted as 'the right way to do things'.

These people just can't see how unprofessional they really are... :roll:

1 minute ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

I'd be surprised if the 'Director' has even read the report.

I've seen this sort of thing before...
... it gets read by some 'menial' who 'signs it off' and forwards it to their 'manager'.

The 'manager' is 'too busy' to read everything, so as it's already been 'signed off' by the 'menial' just adds his/her signature and forwards it up to the next level, and so on.

So effectively, each level of 'authorisation' is just rubber stamping that the 'report' has been 'authorised' by the previous level.

I agree with you completely Mr Rolling about the quality of the report...
... but we're apparently wrong to comment, as SCC 'know best'.

It's just another example of what is accepted as 'the right way to do things'.

These people just can't see how unprofessional they really are... :roll:

@Mr Bloke- it is the difference between the public and private sectors approach to reports. If they are to have any value, as I  said, they should contain the required information in a clear and concise manner, then maybe people would have time to read them.

@HeHasRisenHave you read the report - without falling to sleep?