No Talk Of Politics Or Religion

Would the world be a better place if everyone had the same thoughts? 

Religiously, politically (and perhaps all in the same language)

Of course it will never happen, but if it were true... then does anything think we would be better off? Would everyone be happy?

I'm not sure. Competition is a disgusting word in many politic views, but if not for competition, we certainly wouldn't be typing here right now. And competition is absolutely inevitable in life (IMO)

Everything is about making something/anything better. 

Whether it works or not, is a different matter :hihi:

16 hours ago, harvey19 said:

Army officers mess's used to have a rule that politics or religion should not be discussed there.

Would this be a good idea for the forum ?

I suspect that’s politically motivated; which, if that is true, are they saying it’s okay to be politically motivated, but not okay to discuss political matters? Or are they just saying we’re in control, it’s one rule for us, and another for the riff-raff?

5 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I suspect that’s politically motivated; which, if that is true, are they saying it’s okay to be politically motivated, but not okay to discuss political matters? Or are they just saying we’re in control, it’s one rule for us, and another for the riff-raff?

The Army is not supposed to be aligned to any political party or religion. Discouraging personnel from arguing about those topics seems sensible in the circumstances. If anybody wants to proselytise about either of those things is probably not a good fit for an officially neutral organisation.

31 minutes ago, altus said:

The Army is not supposed to be aligned to any political party or religion. Discouraging personnel from arguing about those topics seems sensible in the circumstances. If anybody wants to proselytise about either of those things is probably not a good fit for an officially neutral organisation.

Possibly appropriate yes (certainly given the wider context and how humanity is divided along lines of nationality, and the current conflict between nation states, it is).

Perhaps there’s an even wider context to consider though; but maybe one humanity isn’t quite ready for yet. Sometimes the ideal setup of things, just isn’t appropriate in the present moment…

Still, I find I’m no fan of tyranny, where essentially a few people control the masses, and all the chaos and conflict in the world that results from such a state of affairs.

Edited by Waldo

19 hours ago, harvey19 said:

Army officers mess's used to have a rule that politics or religion should not be discussed there.

Would this be a good idea for the forum ?

Same in any way of life, friends fall out talking about those

20 hours ago, *_ash_* said:

Would the world be a better place if everyone had the same thoughts? 

Religiously, politically (and perhaps all in the same language)

Of course it will never happen, but if it were true... then does anything think we would be better off? Would everyone be happy?

I'm not sure. Competition is a disgusting word in many politic views, but if not for competition, we certainly wouldn't be typing here right now. And competition is absolutely inevitable in life (IMO)

Everything is about making something/anything better. 

Whether it works or not, is a different matter :hihi:

There's no doubt the human race thrives on challenge. 

7 hours ago, altus said:

Isn't the Army supposed to fight for King and country? There's a huge problem when King and country are in opposition to each other. It happens, (not often here, fortunately,) but it does happen.

Edited by Anna B