Not Having A Funeral

well went to a funeral recently and that was attended by 6 then 4 at the grave,but this was due to friends of hers dying first ,myself well a quick few words can be said and my instructions go for a few gallons of beer ect and thats it ,like my ashes putting in the sea at whitby though,then they can have more beers,thats if anyone wants to that is.

30 minutes ago, bassett one said:

well went to a funeral recently and that was attended by 6 then 4 at the grave,but this was due to friends of hers dying first ,myself well a quick few words can be said and my instructions go for a few gallons of beer ect and thats it ,like my ashes putting in the sea at whitby though,then they can have more beers,thats if anyone wants to that is.

Oh dear, 

My Sister-in- Law ashes were scattered at sea in Whitby, and she was a big Blade.

Can't we make do with Blackpool, + the crystal ball and a cheap burger...

3 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

A relative of mine has stated that she doesnt want a funeral when she dies (which wont be long now, sadly). She just wants a "direct cremation". This isnt for cost issues either btw.

Personally I dont agree but there will be no issue in carrying out these wishes. What do other forum members think about a "no funeral" death - is it something that has happened to you recently with a loved one, did the family fall out over it etc etc?

I’ve seen the advert for this on tv. I think it’s an excellent idea. And if I hadn’t already arranged my funeral I would have booked one of these.

4 hours ago, El Cid said:

Surely in these times when people see each other less and have fewer friends, a wake is ideal. It's not a religious event, it's just a celebration of of person's life, or death if you are so inclined.

Do the deceased wishes matter, if they have become old and disillusioned with life?

Went to one of those the other week ,   No funeral / cremation , no service  , just a get together , bit of a buffet and a few pints to remember him .

We all know the dread when a funeral's coming up,   it's horrible.   Although they're better nowadays with humanist funerals,  it's less formal & tailored to the person who died rather than all the religious droning on & doom & gloom.         They talk about that person's life & you can actually laugh, when you thought you'd never laugh again.       Mourners dress more casually as well but I'm not sure that's a good thing,  sometimes people look as if they're going to a nightclub rather than a sad occasion.    

When my time comes they can do what they want with me,  I won't be bothered.          

Me and my Mrs have bought two plots in a wood , There is a pub near by so any one who wants to nosy can then go to the pub and have a drink or two , We could have both gone in the same  oil but  she said she wunt rest wi me on top  and she never liked being on top  any way  so thats a non starter.There is three foot between the plots any one know if sound travels through three foot of well packed soil ,  If so I will wear my ear plugs as i do now , she watches Teli reight late and it gets up my wick .

Edited by cuttsie
  • Haha 1