Should Sheffield Take Refugees

Should be distributed evenly across the country.

but when the Home Secretary is refusing to put them in Tory voting areas it's a tough case to make.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/suella-braverman-refused-hotel-bookings-migrants-tory-areas/

A senior government source told LBC Suella Braverman was presented with options for locations to move asylum seekers from the overcrowded site in Kent, where conditions are said to be “wretched”, but wouldn’t approve those in Conservative seats.

It’s claimed three hotels were approved last week which are in Labour constituencies

Edited by geared

9 hours ago, bassett one said:

seeing that many need moving from slum conditions asap,yarmouth have refused to take any,should sheffield offer empty hotels/houses to help them and the goverment until they have been checked out,this is a serious question and no abuse ,just sensible replys please , what are the people of sheffield thinking? and do we have big empty flats/hotels?

I Thought We Were Already Taking Them In.

I heard that a woman and her child were sleeping on the floor in one of the holding centres but correct me if I’m wrong but that’s how they sleep back in the Middle East, another snippet “ they are having to wash their own clothes” don’t we all, by hand or machine.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, crookesey said:

To where?

To their Country of origin ,if a refugee comes into the country surely they state where they come from, if they are genuinely fleeing persecution they would not break laws and be grateful for any help and assistance.

Economic migrants are a different case,  and I believe the governments job is to oversee this . It’s a pity that there is no one in Government who has any ideas on how to tackle the problem 

2 minutes ago, Thorpist said:

To their Country of origin ,if a refugee comes into the country surely they state where they come from, if they are genuinely fleeing persecution they would not break laws and be grateful for any help and assistance.

Economic migrants are a different case,  and I believe the governments job is to oversee this . It’s a pity that there is no one in Government who has any ideas on how to tackle the problem 

And if they won’t take them what is the next course of action?

1 hour ago, crookesey said:

And if they won’t take them what is the next course of action?

If you are talking about foreign Nationals who break the law surely there are international rules about returning the countries citizen.

I believe Australia deport foreigners who break their laws , no ifs and buts

• Like 1

City of sanctuary says welcome to all . Let’s have another page hall/ firvale….. why not put them next door to councillors who support the idea? 

we already take our fair share and given the vast majority of current migrants are Albanian they have no  rights to be here and should be sent straight back . This city has more than its fair share of organised crime and the rate will sky rocket if they arrive en mass 

• Like 3