Should Nurse's Strike?

8 minutes ago, Slinny said:

Well they are one in many going on strike , and if they can’t live on what they are paid. that is the only way,   for onei  would march in support for them , and if they do like miners did going round for donations i will gladly support them ,I But I am firm believer in a fair days work for a fair days pay , But I know most conservatives will disagree ,  my own  view .

Everyone on the left saying tax should be higher, pay should be higher, all seem very reluctant to put any figures on it.

If you don't think 37k is high enough, what is, and which of your taxes would you like to go up to pay for it. or would you like your pension postponed for a few years

strikes are idiotic, that's why you got your nemesis in the 80s. You wanna bring the country to it's knees again?

Edited by fools

2 minutes ago, fools said:

Everyone on the left saying tax should be higher, pay should be higher, all seem very reluctant to put any figures on it.

If you don't think 37k is high enough, what is, and which of your taxes would you like to go up to pay for it. or would you like your pension postponed for a few years

strikes are idiotic, that's why you got your nemesis in the 80s

She was elected in 1979.

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

So the person a few pages back claiming he knew someone who worked 5 12 hour shifts a week....assume this is by choice?

Well yeah, but I’m also fairly sure they wouldn’t be allowed to work that many shifts. I could be wrong tho I suppose. 

Edited to add…

Theres a 48 hour a week working limit, but apparently you can opt out of this if you and your employer agree and it’s put in writing.

Edited by nikki-red

1 hour ago, Dromedary said:

It's the unions that have accepted what amounts to an average 5% pay rise, not the NHS.

https://www.gov.scot/news/record-pay-deal-for-nhs-scotland-staff/

From the above:

“Following constructive discussions with unions and employers, we are offering the biggest single year NHS pay uplift since devolution.

“Experienced porters will receive more than £1,000 extra, while a healthcare support worker will see more than £1,200 extra. Experienced nurses will see their pay rise by more than £1,600 and an experienced advanced nurse practitioner will receive almost £2,400 more.

This sounds better.

The Scottish government has made a new pay offer for 2022/23: a flat pay raise of £2205 for all Agenda for Change staff, effective from April 2022.

Local authority workers in England accepted a flat rate pay award of £1,950 plus an extra days holiday.

Flat amount offers seems to be what is being offered and accepted.

42 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Does 2400 after deductions per month sound unreasonable to you?

Thats likely approaching £40k a year gross.

Are railway workers teachers bus drivers barristers and all the rest all wrong ,all greedy gets, what’s the matter with you , 

1 minute ago, Slinny said:

Are railway workers teachers bus drivers barristers and all the rest all wrong ,all greedy gets, what’s the matter with you , 

Its more the point people on 2400 a month after deductions are ringing national radio stations to plead poverty, its absolutely absurd. 

Edited by HeHasRisen