Should Nurse's Strike?

2 minutes ago, fools said:

don't know, all stats are bull, you get a completely different answer depending who's talking, mid to late 20s, early 30's depending on region

Oh aye the average is more down south. 

From a quick Google the median average is about £33k, so most nurses are above this. And yet they say 14% of them are using foodbanks ffs, utter garbage.

Just now, Mister Gee said:

Old enough to know that you’re a complete and utter ****ing plonker.

He does have a point though. Do you honestly, really believe that 14% of a cohort of people that are either a) earning just below the median average earnings, or b) earning above/way above it, are using foodbanks?

1 hour ago, nikki-red said:

Well yeah, but I’m also fairly sure they wouldn’t be allowed to work that many shifts. I could be wrong tho I suppose. 

Edited to add…

Theres a 48 hour a week working limit, but apparently you can opt out of this if you and your employer agree and it’s put in writing.

Bold. That's the one, the opt out used to be called the European working directive (or something similar) not sure if it's still exactly the same post Brexit. There must also be minimum 11 hours between shift finish and start.

I used to schedule nurse rotas, anything over 37.5 hrs was paid as overtime and enhancements for twilight, nights and weekend shifts. Although that was 15 years ago

2 minutes ago, fools said:

well you hold that thought while sucking your thumb to help you relax

2 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

He does have a point though. Do you honestly, really believe that 14% of a cohort of people that are either a) earning just below the median average earnings, or b) earning above/way above it, are using foodbanks?

There’s always been some reight weirdos on here but the present mob are hilarious.