Should Nurse's Strike?

4 minutes ago, fools said:

Do you just read one post and blurt out a response without looking for any context.

read the few posts before mine

why should I respond to your anti-tory rant, it had nothing to do with what I posted

I'd already read the few pages before your post. You assumed that a nurse going on a visit to the USA was a waste of public money, which was bizarre. Then you said that "public sector types" don't see a problem with wasting public money - I'm pretty sure I count as a "public sector type" in your eyes, and I pointed out the real problems of recent wastes of vast sums of public money by the people you approve of. And then after that you had to just bang about a bit because there was nothing left to say.

4 minutes ago, fools said:

You appear to be in the wrong thread

At least I’m on the correct planet.

See you later. I’m off to buy a chicken.

9 minutes ago, Delbow said:

I'd already read the few pages before your post. You assumed that a nurse going on a visit to the USA was a waste of public money, which was bizarre. Then you said that "public sector types" don't see a problem with wasting public money - I'm pretty sure I count as a "public sector type" in your eyes, and I pointed out the real problems of recent wastes of vast sums of public money by the people you approve of. And then after that you had to just bang about a bit because there was nothing left to say.

This is the only correct part of your statement. Alluded really

perhaps you missed the one where someone suggested that wasting public money was the same as wasting private money

Edited by fools

14 minutes ago, fools said:

This is the only correct part of your statement. Alluded really

Alluded to what?

Edit: Oh well, I guess we'll never know. Look, I enjoyed owning you for a while there but I'm bored of you now, so run along.

Edited by Delbow

1 hour ago, Delbow said:

Yes, and in particular the current one. I also fail to see the relevance of private sector waste, the examples I gave were all examples of the current government (or whatever iteration) wasting public money - our money. Maybe I'm missing something, but making a post about wasting public money in a thread about nurses' pay, and then ignoring or glossing over examples of actual wastes of colossal amounts of public money doesn't stack up.

I watched political program ontvlast night , I was disappointed Labour woman would not say Yes we back strikes for nhs workers straight. out , This could cost votes , only the greens said they will back strikes ,  Audience 90 per cent said they fully support strikes ,   I am a labour member and will if needed will go on marches to support strike ,  what I think is really needed is a national strike , That would go a long way towards a general election, 

13 minutes ago, Slinny said:

I watched political program ontvlast night , I was disappointed Labour woman would not say Yes we back strikes for nhs workers straight. out , This could cost votes , only the greens said they will back strikes ,  Audience 90 per cent said they fully support strikes ,   I am a labour member and will if needed will go on marches to support strike ,  what I think is really needed is a national strike , That would go a long way towards a general election, 

More fence sitting from Labour. Totally expected 

27 minutes ago, Slinny said:

90%? You're deluded if you think the public, many of whom will get no or little rise in their income this year, will support a 17% pay rise out of their taxes. Your operation cancelled again .. no problem

what percentage of nurses in this country voted to strike, seems a bit of a mystery

the 'green' ran the foodbank line again, disgraceful. no-one had the balls to challenge it. There was one audience member who called out the political pantomime at the end, that was it.

national strike, go for it, bring the house down

Edited by fools

2 minutes ago, fools said:

you're deluded if you think the public, many of whom will get no or little rise in their income this year, will support a 17% pay rise out of their taxes. 

• Average regular pay growth for the private sector was 6.2% in June to August 2022, and 2.2% for the public sector; outside of the height of the pandemic period, this is the largest growth seen for the private sector and the largest difference between the private sector and public sector.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentandlabourmarket/peopleinwork/employmentandemployeetypes/bulletins/averageweeklyearningsingreatbritain/october2022

In reality, nurses will get nowhere near 17%, but they certainly deserve better than the 2-4% on offer at the moment.