Should Nurse's Strike?

3 hours ago, Prettytom said:

Maybe not.

But throwing more money at individuals who do valuable work, is the correct thing to do in the current economic circumstances.

You might want to check the dictionary definition of “provocative “, by the way. You appear to have mixed it up with “clueless”.

Are you unable to understand my first sentence in my previous post or just like trying to be clever ?

How much money should be given to strikers and what should their salary be ?

Should the medical profession be banned from striking ?

Does the NHS need reorganising ?

Specific questions for you .

Edited by harvey19

17 hours ago, harvey19 said:

Any idea how much nurses are paid ?

Firstly, I have already explained that the NHS problem is not only about nurses despite all the gripers making out it is.

Secondly, I don't need to know how much nurses get paid because I am not a member of the negotiating team.

If they were paid the correct salary, there would not be such a desperate shortage of them and they would not be leaving in droves.

21 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Are you unable to understand my first sentence in my previous post or just like trying to be clever ?

I was simply being provocative 😇

Nurses, like everyone else need a 10% pay rise to cope with the damage caused by this incompetent government.

3 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

If they were paid the correct salary, there would not be such a desperate shortage of them and they would not be leaving in droves.

The shortage of medical staff is happening all over. In Europe there is also a big shortage of medical staff such as doctors and nurses and it has little to do with not being paid a "correct salary", whatever that may be.

4 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

Firstly, I have already explained that the NHS problem is not only about nurses despite all the gripers making out it is.

Secondly, I don't need to know how much nurses get paid because I am not a member of the negotiating team.

What is the correct salary for a nurse ?

Is money the only reason a person chooses a profession ?

4 hours ago, Prettytom said:

I was simply being provocative 😇

LOL ! I like that.

1 hour ago, harvey19 said:

What is the correct salary for a nurse ?

Is money the only reason a person chooses a profession ?

I am getting tired of repeating to you that NHS poor pay is not only referring to nurses.

I don't know the correct salary of a nurse, a care assistant, a cleaner, a hospital porter,  or anyone else who works in a hospital   BUT   I do know a foolproof way of finding out as follows -

Whatever it takes to make them take up the job and then stay in it.

Do you know any other way of filling desperately needed vacancies?

No, money is not the only reason that  people go into jobs.  they do so for many reasons but they only stay there if they can pay their bills and put food on the table..

Do you know any other way to do that too?

I'm guessing you are another selfish and greedy Tory voter who doesn't like paying tax, even to save lives.

2 answers ; pay them or do the damn job yourself.

The nurses will win and the Tories will go. You may as well get used to the idea.

7 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I am getting tired of repeating to you that NHS poor pay is not only referring to nurses.

I don't know the correct salary of a nurse, a care assistant, a cleaner, a hospital porter,  or anyone else who works in a hospital   BUT   I do know a foolproof way of finding out as follows -

Whatever it takes to make them take up the job and then stay in it.

Do you know any other way of filling desperately needed vacancies?

No, money is not the only reason that  people go into jobs.  they do so for many reasons but they only stay there if they can pay their bills and put food on the table..

Do you know any other way to do that too?

I'm guessing you are another selfish and greedy Tory voter who doesn't like paying tax, even to save lives.

2 answers ; pay them or do the damn job yourself.

The nurses will win and the Tories will go. You may as well get used to the idea.

Maybe you should find out some facts before throwing out insults.

4 minutes ago, Anna B said:

The fact they have to work (Hard) for free on the hospital wards yet still have to pay for their training, puts a lot of them off. 

Now some sense is being spoken.

I get fed up of people just wanting to throw money at a problem whilst not getting to the bottom of the problem.

22 hours ago, harvey19 said:

I was being a bit provocative by asking this as I regularly hear people saying strikers should get more pay without knowing what their current salaries are.

Throwing more money at a system which is not performing in the way we want it to is not the only way to tackle the problem.

Would you rather they all left and went to do something else? Because this is current direction of travel - nurses, ambulance workers, GPs are all leaving because they can often get the same or better pay elsewhere for less stressful work. We can't make people stay in the job but we can incentivise staying by making it financially worthwhile.

Also, you realise the UK spends less per head on healthcare than most other advanced economies, right?

Edited by Delbow
  • Thanks 1