Should Nurse's Strike?

22 minutes ago, fools said:

Been on the Speckled Hen?

Your logic is, if they feel underpaid/undervalued, they will leave and get a higher paid job elsewhere - not sure where that is ,, any thoughts?

They are still there, so that means they are overpaid, so a reduced salary is in order.

I knew your logic was weird but you have excelled yourself this time.

Write and tell  Sunak & Hunt - I'm sure they will love that.  they must be in real need of a laugh. 

Edited by Organgrinder

On 03/12/2022 at 17:56, harvey19 said:

People are saying to give in to strikers and give them more pay without knowing their current salaries.

Obviously a decent days pay for a decent days work is expected by all workers which is relevant to skill, responsibility and needs for that skill.

People do not do a job solely for the pay generaly but still expect and should get a decent reward and good working conditions.

It appears to me that the NHS needs to be reviewed and possibly compared to other countries health services. NOT Americas which many people seem to think is the only alternative.

In conclusion reevaluate our health service regarding value for money, efficiency and effectiveness and then implement decent salaries, staffing levels, training needs etc.

The NHS performs surprisingly well given the relatively low levels of investment, as this demonstrates. Don't be misled by people who want to claim that it's a "bottomless pit" (it's not, plenty of countries spend more per capita) - they just want it privatised so they can cash in by buying shares. Instead, deposit those people into a wood chipper or similar, for best results.

23 minutes ago, Delbow said:

The NHS performs surprisingly well given the relatively low levels of investment, as this demonstrates. Don't be misled by people who want to claim that it's a "bottomless pit" (it's not, plenty of countries spend more per capita) - they just want it privatised so they can cash in by buying shares. Instead, deposit those people into a wood chipper or similar, for best results.

I have only read the conclusion in the document and it appears that more funding is necessary to fulfil current and future needs which I think should take social care into consideration.

I understand your point about privatisation and would add the government may think "That is one problem less we have, let someone else worry about it".

I do not think it will happen though as it is considered to be one , if not the main, benefits of our country.

19 hours ago, harvey19 said:

I have only read the conclusion in the document and it appears that more funding is necessary to fulfil current and future needs which I think should take social care into consideration.

I understand your point about privatisation and would add the government may think "That is one problem less we have, let someone else worry about it".

I do not think it will happen though as it is considered to be one , if not the main, benefits of our country.

19 hours ago, harvey19 said:

I hope you are right harvey but I suspect this government of wanting to privatise it.

On 03/12/2022 at 20:30, fools said:

Your logic is, if they feel underpaid/undervalued, they will leave and get a higher paid job elsewhere - not sure where that is ,, any thoughts?

Surely that is why there is a shortage of nurses?

Don't most workers go for a better paid job?

I was just thinking, had I gone on strike it would have gone totally unnoticed. I have never been or wanted to be an emergency service employee, so have little knowledge of their jobs, other than the obvious so will refrain from commenting either for or against their intended actions, I just hope that common sense prevails on both sides of these disputes.