Should Nurse's Strike?

As a retired nurse I agree that nurses are understaffed and underpaid . One of the issues is the requirement for all new nurses to have a degree when it is a profession that should be hands on.  My friend was passed over for promotion because she didn’t have a degree. If we went back to the old way of training nurses ( on the wards themselves) I’m sure that we would get more people coming forward to do the work they love.

23 hours ago, pattricia said:

As a retired nurse I agree that nurses are understaffed and underpaid . One of the issues is the requirement for all new nurses to have a degree when it is a profession that should be hands on.  My friend was passed over for promotion because she didn’t have a degree. If we went back to the old way of training nurses ( on the wards themselves) I’m sure that we would get more people coming forward to do the work they love.

I think you are bang on with that one. 👍

14 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

How are the negotiations for them to get an extra 19% coming along?

19% ffs. Actual joke.

They know they won’t get that , they are doing what you do when you are selling on  eBay start off ,  say £100 . If you get Just say £70 that is what you are expecting . Nurses train drivers and others are doing the same thing , BBC interviewers try to wind them up , Just like Dom and his cronies with me ,

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Slinny said:

They know they won’t get that , they are doing what you do when you are selling on  eBay start off ,  say £100 . If you get Just say £70 that is what you are expecting . Nurses train drivers and others are doing the same thing , BBC interviewers try to wind them up , Just like Dom and his cronies with me ,

Did the train drivers start off asking for 19% ?

On 03/12/2022 at 20:25, harvey19 said:

Should all the NHS staff be given a percentage wage rise ?

Firstly, I don't believe in percentage wage rises anyway  (they just reward most, those who need it least)  so NO is my opinion.

Secondly,  a lot of people working for the NHS are not in any medical capacity at all and I am arguing only on behalf of the nurses and care assistants on the front line, whom I have had much personal experience of.

Having said that,  I am neither a government minister nor an NHS employee so what I say is my personal opinion only and no one who matters, will care about what I say.