Should Nurse's Strike?

1 minute ago, rogets said:

Maalow,  that is the heorachie of needs 

So your needs are met, ie, shelter, food 

Once level one needs are met you go on to less important needs, sky subscriptions a car etc... 

I understand now and yes, I fully agree with the guy.

I think, despite it being the 21st century, that we still have not satisfied level one for everybody yet so we maybe look at the next levels once everybody is getting a fair deal on shelter & food. 

7 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I understand now and yes, I fully agree with the guy.

I think, despite it being the 21st century, that we still have not satisfied level one for everybody yet so we maybe look at the next levels once everybody is getting a fair deal on shelter & food. 

When the lower levels are not achieved the higher levels take on more importance. The opposite applies also.

Eg. The starving painter where he does not make much money but gains great ego and self actualisation satisfaction which compensates.

Or the very well paid worker who is bored with his job.

Edited by harvey19

• 1 month later...
On 22/12/2022 at 17:59, cuttsie said:

Old Dom is sad case Slinney, sits there slagging folk off ,  keep on winding him up. , The elastic band will soon snap and and he will fly away  .

No sorry I keep winding you up , thatswhy I get so many replies don’t kid your self on , I love doing this ,   Some day you my see sense ,  Go out and enjoy your self. If you can afford it .

18 hours ago, fools said:

much of our troubles are down to stupidly low interest rates, and good old QE, unfortunately the media doesn't often comment on such matters because the lefties don't have the attention span

interest rates are going up everywhere to curb inflation

• Haha 1

On 09/02/2023 at 16:44, Slinny said:

No sorry I keep winding you up , thatswhy I get so many replies don’t kid your self on , I love doing this ,   Some day you my see sense ,  Go out and enjoy your self. If you can afford it .

People my have a different view who can’t afford mortgage payments Or is this a minor issue ,

I support the Nurses going on strike about pay and conditions, except it'll literally lead to people dying in Hospital due to lack of medical care! What gets me is that it's largely the government's fault the NHS is in "crisis mode" in the first place, so why don't they step in and sort it? My sister in law's an NHS support worker in London, as far as I know she's not gone on strike (yet)

Edited by XPertByExperien
More detail