Should Nurse's Strike?

48 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Surely its the Trusts  that understaff nurses ?

They are subject to budgets, quotas etc stipulated by the government. They never have enough cash for resources etc and have to cut costs where they can, especially after 10 years of Austerity.  It's up to them how they do it. Full time nurses also need holiday pay, sick pay, pension contributions etc. so it's probably still cheaper to employ fewer full time nurses, and hire in agency nurses as and when they are needed. But it's not good for staff moral, continuity, cohesion, working as a team etc. IMO care suffers. 

2 minutes ago, Anna B said:

They are subject to budgets, quotas etc stipulated by the government. They never have enough cash for resources etc and have to cut costs where they can, especially after 10 years of Austerity.  It's up to them how they do it. Full time nurses also need holiday pay, sick pay, pension contributions etc. so it's probably still cheaper to employ fewer full time nurses, and hire in agency nurses as and when they are needed. But it's not good for staff moral, continuity, cohesion, working as a team etc. IMO care suffers. 

They have plenty of cash for resources , just don't spend it properly . 

Should Nurse's Strike?

It's up to them.

They do a very hard, caring and responsible job.

Remind us what an MP, or a government minister gets or even a pub landlord pal of a minister.

Money can be thrown away when it suits the government.

Nurses don't have expense accounts either.

This country is only hard up when it comes to the working classes

I suppose it's a free country and people can decide to do whatever they want. 

But, today in the news, it had 2 nurses, and both of them saying the same thing. 

"We do 12 hour shifts, and on days off spend time doing things like cleaning house, shopping etc. and they never see their children" 

I couldn't see here where a pay rise would alter this. 

-

It's a long term problem, but no governments, Labour or Tory plan long term. It's not in their interest to do so. 

It's a too complicated situation to solve in one post. 

I do think though, that encouraging people to get degrees in  nursing, with a view to removing their student fees if they do a certain amount of service might help long term. But, no one cares about that. All the strikes now, are (IMO) just an attack on the country knowing that we are in a deep hole at the moment.

23 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

I suppose it's a free country and people can decide to do whatever they want. 

But, today in the news, it had 2 nurses, and both of them saying the same thing. 

"We do 12 hour shifts, and on days off spend time doing things like cleaning house, shopping etc. and they never see their children" 

I couldn't see here where a pay rise would alter this. 

-

It's a long term problem, but no governments, Labour or Tory plan long term. It's not in their interest to do so. 

It's a too complicated situation to solve in one post. 

I do think though, that encouraging people to get degrees in  nursing, with a view to removing their student fees if they do a certain amount of service might help long term. But, no one cares about that. All the strikes now, are (IMO) just an attack on the country knowing that we are in a deep hole at the moment.

That last sentence is correct  :thumbsup:

35 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

Is this supposed to be hard done by, that sounds much like everyone else who has to work for a living. Some of them are moaning about having to pay for parking, as if it doesn't happen to the rest of the population.

Edited by fools