Why Are Women Becoming More Aggressive Drivers ?

57 minutes ago, Hecate said:

Men: confident, assertive, bold. Leaders.

Women: arrogant, aggressive, shrill.  Should make me a sammich.

Fully expecting to soon see links to manifestos in some of these chaps' sigs on here.  Reads like an angry incel a whiny men's rights collective.

Is that straight from feminism weekly?

No one on this forum has stated anything remotely close to what you are saying.

Incel though...😂

Don't be brainwashed.

👍

Edited by Al Bundy

2 hours ago, leviathan13 said:

Two situations where aggression is important are sport and war.

As with much of the English language, words have many meanings.

So aggression in certain sports, in war or by women in the bedroom or in a gentlemen’s club (as per an earlier post) is all OK and good. But aggression in public isn’t. Apparently for either sex but it’s been pointed out the aggressive women are unattractive. Why is that?  Well lets us conclude that Al Bundy must be correct. Of course he is, what could be amiss here? Having a conversation about aggressive women being unattractive rather than aggressive people in general is of course completely as it should be. That’s helped us all out and should be applauded 👏

Edited by redruby

26 minutes ago, redruby said:

So aggression in certain sports, in war or by women in the bedroom or in a gentlemen’s club (as per an earlier post) is all OK and good. But aggression in public isn’t. Apparently for either sex but it’s been pointed out the aggressive women are unattractive. Why is that?  Well lets us conclude that Al Bundy must be correct. Of course he is, what could be amiss here? Having a conversation about aggressive women being unattractive rather than aggressive people in general is of course completely as it should be. That’s helped us all out and should be applauded 👏

I gave a couple of examples - my point is simply that there are times when aggression can be used positively. You're either missing the point accidentally or on purpose; either way i can't help that.

Bad aggression is bad regardless of it being from a man or woman.

If something happened to my partner on a night out and she needed to use aggression to protect herself then i would back her 100%! Likewise if she was home alone and someone broke in... simply being 'assertive' wouldn't cut it.

However, there is an aggressive mentality creeping in to much of the younger female population which will eventually lead to them being alone and unhappy because of how they've treated men, the world and, ultimately, themselves. We've seen it with a certain section of the male population and, like i keep saying, many women are using the 'if you can't beat them, join them' tactic to take on some of these suposed toxic masculine traits.

1 hour ago, redruby said:

I’ll take that as an oblique reference to my earlier post, and so will suitably and quickly do the ‘male-caught-in-the-female-headlights’ mansplaining thing, to add: that post was merely intended to mitigate Al Bundy’s earlier (quoted) opinion, and not meant to convey either endorsement or criticism of female aggressiveness in slippery wrestling rings, bedrooms, gentlemen clubs…or any other circumstances, for that matter.

Where female aggressiveness is concerned, context is everything, as always.

And where aggressiveness behind the wheel is concerned, I see plenty enough, in a permanently-multicultural context (rush hour in Luxembourg = at any given time and pretty much anywhere in and around the south of the country, there’s just as many drivers, male and female, from Luxembourg as from neighbouring France, Belgium and Germany -all gridlocked just the same). On the anecdotal basis of 5 years’ worth of commuting in that context, in mitigation of Justin’s single anecdote on which this whole thread is based: ‘aggressiveness’ is exclusively male, those rare instances of ‘borderline road rage’ are broadly reserved to French-plated drivers, and female drivers (of all ages) much more courteous than male counterparts.

Especially when pulling out.

4 hours ago, leviathan13 said:

I gave a couple of examples - my point is simply that there are times when aggression can be used positively. You're either missing the point accidentally or on purpose; either way i can't help that.

Bad aggression is bad regardless of it being from a man or woman.

If something happened to my partner on a night out and she needed to use aggression to protect herself then i would back her 100%! Likewise if she was home alone and someone broke in... simply being 'assertive' wouldn't cut it.

However, there is an aggressive mentality creeping in to much of the younger female population which will eventually lead to them being alone and unhappy because of how they've treated men, the world and, ultimately, themselves. We've seen it with a certain section of the male population and, like i keep saying, many women are using the 'if you can't beat them, join them' tactic to take on some of these suposed toxic masculine traits.

I’ve just summarised things that have been said by various people.

The ‘aggressive being good in certain situations’ point - above is, perhaps unfortunately in some circumstances, an example of when you might fall foul of the law  by fighting back aggressively. I’m not saying that is right or wrong but there are laws around reasonable force defending oneself. 

Personally I do think there’s too much aggression around generally. Some on this thread has gone down the road of suggesting that female aggression is rather worse. Of course that’s correct though, why would anyone think otherwise?

Edited by redruby

3 hours ago, L00b said:

I’ll take that as an oblique reference to my earlier post, and so will suitably and quickly do the ‘male-caught-in-the-female-headlights’ mansplaining thing, to add: that post was merely intended to mitigate Al Bundy’s earlier (quoted) opinion, and not meant to convey either endorsement or criticism of female aggressiveness in slippery wrestling rings, bedrooms, gentlemen clubs…or any other circumstances, for that matter.

Where female aggressiveness is concerned, context is everything, as always.

And where aggressiveness behind the wheel is concerned, I see plenty enough, in a permanently-multicultural context (rush hour in Luxembourg = at any given time and pretty much anywhere in and around the south of the country, there’s just as many drivers, male and female, from Luxembourg as from neighbouring France, Belgium and Germany -all gridlocked just the same). On the anecdotal basis of 5 years’ worth of commuting in that context, in mitigation of Justin’s single anecdote on which this whole thread is based: ‘aggressiveness’ is exclusively male, those rare instances of ‘borderline road rage’ are broadly reserved to French-plated drivers, and female drivers (of all ages) much more courteous than male counterparts.

Especially when pulling out.

Aggressive driving absolutely comes in all genders, ethnicity, ages etc et in my experience. It’s not good and as human beings it’s natural for us to try and categorise and stereotype but it’s not helpful really. 

6 hours ago, redruby said:

I’ve just summarised things that have been said by various people.

The ‘aggressive being good in certain situations’ point - above is, perhaps unfortunately in some circumstances, an example of when you might fall foul of the law  by fighting back aggressively. I’m not saying that is right or wrong but there are laws around reasonable force defending oneself. 

Personally I do think there’s too much aggression around generally. Some on this thread has gone down the road of suggesting that female aggression is rather worse. Of course that’s correct though, why would anyone think otherwise?

In your view you've 'summarised' things... to many you've just misunderstood and used sarcasm to make light of their views without offering substance.

And, again, your only argument against the idea that aggression can be positive is 'falling foul of the law' - aggression is used in many walks of life where the law won't be involved. I'd go in to it but, based on your previous responses, you won't get it.

As i've said - aggression is fine if used in the right situation and focused in a positive way, regardless of if it's a man or a woman.

• Like 1

On 17/01/2023 at 07:38, redruby said:

Aggression ‘done the right way’ is assertiveness.  This is definition I’ve found:

‘Assertive behavior is all about standing up for yourself, but aggression usually involves threatening, attacking, or (to a lesser degree) ignoring others. Assertive individuals stand up for themselves—for their beliefs, their values, their needs. And they do so in a respectful, unthreatening, nonviolent way.’

There might be situations where aggression could be used to defend ourselves but let’s face it you could easily end on the wrong side of law doing this. So probably not a good thing all said. 
But ladies, remember!! Be very careful about this ‘assertiveness’ malarkey because you might be seen as ‘aggressive’ and that just won’t do at all.

That woman I referred to was not being "assertive", she was being "aggressive".

When on the A616 M1 to Tankersley roundabout I remember a Volvo appearing in my rear view mirror from no where, then driving up my ****, then overtaking me on a single carriageway road as we were approaching a roundabout (with multiple lanes so the car could have got past me anyway ! ). I was stunned to see it was a female driver.  

She was also being a crap driver because it was pointless overtaking me (on a single carriageway road remember) when a multi lane roundabout was coming up.

Don't get me wrong, I think women are better drivers than men, certainly safer (and the insurance companies agree with me), but that is because they are less aggressive. Usually.....

Edited by Chekhov

46 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

That woman I referred to was not being "assertive", she was being "aggressive".

When on the A616 M1 to Tankersley roundabout I remember a Volvo appearing in my rear view mirror from no where, then driving up my ****, then overtaking me on a single carriageway road as we were approaching a roundabout (with multiple lanes so the car could have got past me anyway ! ). I was stunned to see it was a female driver.  

She was also being a crap driver because it was pointless overtaking me (on a single carriageway road remember) when a multi lane roundabout was coming up.

Don't get me wrong, I think women are better drivers than men, certainly safer (and the insurance companies agree with me), but that is because they are less aggressive. Usually.....

If someone appears in your mirror “out of nowhere”, then you probably need to check your mirror more often.

They always come from somewhere. It is your job to know where that is.