Our King Has Been Egged

33 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Would that constitute the basis of a Russian Omelette?

38 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Would that constitute the basis of a Russian Omelette?

In order to save his bacon he would most likely end up fried!

It was a silly thing to do.

Politicians too have been the target for this, and it doesn't change anything.

EDIT: I seem to recall about 20 years ago, when he was PoW, and he was doing a meet and greet the public thing, someone leapt out of the public and started spraying air freshner over him. I can't remember the cause, though at the time I wondered if Charles has let out a particularly nasty fart

Edited by Mister M

Many years ago, the PoW visited Sheffield by (the Royal?) train.

The platform was cleared of commoners, but as there was quite a crowd gathered, the security team/British Rail staff decided to stop folk moving about trying to get to other platforms.

A pal of mine at the time shouted "Now then, jug ears! Tha's made me miss me bleedin' train!"

He was arrested, needless to say, but never charged.

The perpatrator should be put in the stocks for 12 hours and then hung,drawn and quartered.This sort of behaviour is not only disgusting but also a sign of the way that the younger population of this country have become nothing better than gutter snipes.It is time for the people who still have brains to rise up and give these people a lesson that they will never forget!!!!

55 minutes ago, dsweetman said:

The perpatrator should be put in the stocks for 12 hours and then hung,drawn and quartered.This sort of behaviour is not only disgusting but also a sign of the way that the younger population of this country have become nothing better than gutter snipes.It is time for the people who still have brains to rise up and give these people a lesson that they will never forget!!!!

Oh perlease.....

Charles will survive. And he's better off for knowing not everyone is a loyal supporter of the monarchy.  At least it wasn't an assassins bullet. He will have to workhard to prove himself and remember that he only 'rules ' with the consent of the people. That's no bad thing. 

Personally, with a few tweaks, I think he will make rather a good figurehead King, and ironically may have a better understanding of the wide range of people in the country than some of the politicians he has to work with.

He at least tries to do the right thing. 

You completely miss the point.I am not making any comment on the right or wrong of the monarchy!!!I am commenting on the type of person who would throw any item at OUR KING!!!!This brainless piece of human waste should be made an example of  and the punishment should be swift and harsh.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, FoxLady said:

Many years ago, the PoW visited Sheffield by (the Royal?) train.

The platform was cleared of commoners, but as there was quite a crowd gathered, the security team/British Rail staff decided to stop folk moving about trying to get to other platforms.

A pal of mine at the time shouted "Now then, jug ears! Tha's made me miss me bleedin' train!"

He was arrested, needless to say, but never charged.

Your friend should've  been leathered