Bali Hi Will Call You ,

Just now, HeHasRisen said:

Ah so you are one of the pensioner freeloaders! So you cant really moan tbh.

I was at a meeting where people were stating the massive problems they were having due to an unsuitable bus service.

If you were having the problems they were experiencing you may be more sympathetic to their needs.

Ref pensioner freeloaders, YOU will be old one day.

2 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

I was at a meeting where people were stating the massive problems they were having due to an unsuitable bus service.

If you were having the problems they were experiencing you may be more sympathetic to their needs.

Ref pensioner freeloaders, YOU will be old one day.

Indeed I will be. And I wont come on forums moaning about a service I am using for free.

Indeed I will be. And I wont come on forums moaning about a service I am using for free.

You never know what the future holds !

If you read my post again you will realise I was not talking about myself but others trying to get to work or other appointments.

Just now, harvey19 said:

You never know what the future holds !

If you read my post again you will realise I was not talking about myself but others trying to get to work or other appointments.

Thats fine, I am sure they can speak for themselves.

Wonder how much they would be prepared to pay for a better service. Thats the problem, you see, people moan and grumble but arent actually prepared to stump up.

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

Thats fine, I am sure they can speak for themselves.

Wonder how much they would be prepared to pay for a better service. Thats the problem, you see, people moan and grumble but arent actually prepared to stump up.

They did speak up for themselves to councillors, I am clarifying points to you.

The Manchester franchise scheme was recommended as the way forward.

I appreciate that private bus companies are responsible to their shareholders to make a profit.

Recommended by who? A few shouty people at a public meeting and/or one of 84 local councillors?

AS I recall the councillors.

Are you conversant with the scheme ?

The "shouty people" you refer to were trying to improve things for their community as I am sure you would support. Not some idealist idea but basic transport needs.