Bali Hi Will Call You ,

1 minute ago, harvey19 said:

AS I recall the councillors.

I see. Either way not a cat in hells chance it will happen.

Is this a bus route that goes through an estate and people are just being too lazy to walk to the main road to get an alternative, perchance?

Edited by HeHasRisen

Just now, harvey19 said:

The proposal was being taken to the South Yorkshire Mayor to be submitted as I recall.

How would you improve transport needs ?

Nothing can be improved without people prepared to stump up for it. And people wont do that.  So its a closed circle.

28 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Nothing can be improved without people prepared to stump up for it. And people wont do that.  So its a closed circle.

Its recently been announced that the Supertram network will be getting £8.6M to improve and upgrade the system with an extra £4.3M coming from government funding. IIRC they also announce that there will be a maximum cap of £2 on fares as well but as I am a pensioner I will not pay anything as I have a free travel pass. You must be well chuffed that you will be contributing by paying higher taxes to pay for it!

Edited by Dromedary

3 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

Its recently been announced that the Supertram network will be getting £8.6M to improve and upgrade the system with an extra £4.3M coming from government funding. IIRC they also announce that there will be a maximum cap of £2 on fares as well but as I am a pensioner I will not pay anything as I have a free travel pass. You must be well chuffed that you will be contributing by paying higher taxes to pay for it!

Indeed, great isnt it 🙄 especially when I use neither. 

1 minute ago, Anna B said:

Only on Sheffield forum can a thread on climate change being held in Bali turn so quickly into a thread on Sheffield's buses...

You could approach it from a different point of view though. Sheffield Supertram is much greener than using cars or other public transport so any improvement to the network must also be a good thing when it come to climate change and pollution.