New Rules To Catch Bad Drivers By Scc

3 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

Yeah, it does make you wonder why some idiot thought it was necessary for motor vehicles to be fitted with mirrors, doesn't it? :roll:

Nope. Makes me wonder why some idiot is equating the field of view afforded by car mirrors with that afforded by bike mirrors.

26 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

Nope. Makes me wonder why some idiot is equating the field of view afforded by car mirrors with that afforded by bike mirrors.

I suppose that idiot is meant to be me then? :roll:

But I don't ride a bike and risk my life everytime I go to town...

... so I think we all know who the real idiots are! :hihi:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Planner1 said:

The issues at sites which are proposed have been well known to the council for years. We discussed them while I was there. We just didn’t have the powers to enforce those contraventions at the time.

I have responded to the consultation.  It isn't clear on the Glossop Road/Upper Hannover Street case whether all the illegal turns are considered. Going towards town from Glossop Road, the number of people making left or right turns on to the ring road is much higher than the number who turn left from Hannover Way onto Glossop Road town-bound.  At least that is my experience using this junction at peak times Monday to Friday. The right turn is particularly dangerous for road users travelling outbound across Hannover Way.

The other junction which is regularly contravened is also on Glossop Road - the no right turn in to Claremont Place by people using that as a short cut to the Hallamshire Hospital car park/entrance. 

29 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

I suppose that idiot is meant to be me then? :roll:

But I don't ride a bike and risk my life everytime I go to town...

... so I think we all know who the real idiots are! :hihi:

It’s a proven fact that cycling on a regular basis prolongs life and keeps people from getting over weight and dying from obesity 

8 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

It’s a proven fact that cycling on a regular basis prolongs life and keeps people from getting over weight and dying from obesity 

I don't think anyone is questioning the health benefits of regular exercise, Mr Cuttsie...

... just the arrogance of a number of cyclists who believe that everyone should live their lives the same way they do! :roll:

Just now, Mr Bloke said:

I don't think anyone is questioning the health benefits of regular exercise, Mr Cuttsie...

... just the arrogance of a number of cyclists who believe that everyone should live their lives the same way they do! :roll:

So this does not apply to petrol heads . ?....

25 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Not necessarilly.  There are always those cyclists who fall off and smash their head into the ground, wizz through a red light and get run over by a truck, randomly bounce upon to the pavements or cut through a precinct and come flying off when trying to avoid a load of pedestrians or catch hypothermia when they are rain soaked or blowing about in a gale whilst they're wobbling along on their daily commute.  

There's a history of fit and healthy joggers who have dropped dead with heart attacks. There are gym monkeys who go pounding the weights several times a week and end up with back strains, degenerative joint problems.  On the other hand, there are fortunate people who smoke like a chimney and drink all their lives who managed to get to 90 plus.  There are others who don't know the meaning of the word salad and survive on nothing more than roast beef, Gregg's sausage rolls and curlywurlies and end up getting a telegram form the monarch.

Now I am not saying that a healthy lifestyle is a bad thing. I am not saying that we don't need to be mindful of our diets and get out there and do a bit of exercise once in a while. But I do think that a vast majority of life expectancy is down ones genes and own family legacy of life expectancy.

Self-preservation only goes so far.

Edited by ECCOnoob

6 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Not necessarilly.  There are always those cyclists who fall off and smash their head into the ground, wizz through a red light and get run over by a truck, randomly bounce upon to the pavements or cut through a precinct and come flying off when trying to avoid a load of pedestrians or catch hypothermia when they are rain soaked or blowing about in a gale whilst they're wobbling along on their daily commute.  

There's a history of fit and healthy joggers who have dropped dead with heart attacks. There are gym monkeys who go pounding the weights several times a week and end up with back strains, degenerative joint problems.  On the other hand, there are fortunate people who smoke like a chimney and drink all their lives who managed to get to 90 plus.  There are others who don't know the meaning of the word salad and survive on nothing more than roast beef, Gregg's sausage rolls and curlywurlies and end up getting a telegram form the monarch.

Now I am not saying that a healthy lifestyle is a bad thing. I am not saying that we don't need to be mindful of our diets and get out there and do a bit of exercise once in a while. But I do think that a vast majority of life expectancy is down ones genes and own family legacy of life expectancy.

Self-preservation only goes so far.

Love it carry on keep us informed