New Rules To Catch Bad Drivers By Scc

9 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

What for? The problem of bad cycling is utterly insignificant  compared to the problem of motorists killing and maiming people.

I pay more tax than you already thanks. I also pay for your motability car.

I have third party cycling insurance.

What makes you think cyclists don't pay tax? 

I am a cyclist and a very keen one and I also drive and pay insurance.

I also have third party insurance and none of us pay road tax it is VET on emissions which cyclists don't release.

When I am using my bike I am leaving my car at home.

People think cyclists don't drive, well many do but choose to ride there bike instead of clogging up the already clogged up roads

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bassett one said:

i have always said in a nice way all bikes cycles should have to pay tax and insurance and have some form of plate,i say this because we all pay tax/insurance except them and also if they damage a vehicle they get off scot free and thats not fair is it?

Some of them end up dead , I never saw him sir is the usual response

9 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Some of them end up dead , I never saw him sir is the usual response

I'm not sure why drivers get so hung up about cyclists.

Is it because they are fitter than themselves and harbour some jealousy or is because they may have to indicate or change a gear to get past occasionally or maybe it because it isn't costing the cyclist an arm and a leg to get somewhere like it is there car.

I ride my bike everywhere much more than my car and respect cyclists at all time.

I don't see that when I am on my bike a great deal.  

13 hours ago, Elmambo said:

Little to do with bad driving or road safety, all about making money. They have been doing this in the metropolis for some time, other councils have been eyeing with envy, the large amount of money that can be harvested from the motorist. These fines are a multi billion pound industry,  despite the pretence of catching "bad drivers" etc., moreover the penalties take no account of the financial status of the victim, so are an unfair imposition on the poorest off.

The "Victim" (don't know why you use that word) should have thought about his/her financial status before he/she decided that the law only covered other people.

If it is only a money making scheme, it doesn't really matter because,

a  -  it will still catch some bad drivers who need catching

b  -  if the "victims" (bad drivers)  start behaving themselves, they won't get caught and it won't cost them a penny.

Edited by Organgrinder

1 hour ago, ads36 said:

This is a great idea - get on with it.

i know a secret trick to avoid the fines...

Yes, brilliant idea.

A good trick too, once everybody realises that they just have to drive properly to avoid the fines.

I think a lot of people are just not too sure about the standard of their own driving and that's why the fines worry them.

Blocking box junctions and the like impedes the flow of traffic through the box. I say get on with it.

Regarding cyclists it annoys me when they drive on the road when there is a purpose made cyclist lane to use, in particular on Penistone road city bound. They avoid any confrontation with motorised vehicles from the cycle lane.

31 minutes ago, forgeman said:

Regarding cyclists it annoys me when they drive on the road when there is a purpose made cyclist lane to use, in particular on Penistone road city bound. They avoid any confrontation with motorised vehicles from the cycle lane.

So why should cyclists have any confrontation with motorists ?.

Cyclist's use the outer edge of the road and all you need to do is pass them preferably with the space now been introduced by law.

Of course you probably won't and just moan about another cyclist using the road without paying tax and insurance.

Get over it, cyclists have every right to be on the same road as you and if you don't like it then tough.

I ride on the road because I prefer to than use the same path as pedestrians which is a stupid idea in itself.

Cycle lanes should be inputted into the road not foot paths, when you pass a cyclist just pass with care, it's not rocket science

6 minutes ago, Cody's Granddad said:

So why should cyclists have any confrontation with motorists ?.

because a subset of them are irritating ***** goading drivers into confrontation, and filming the twattery on headcams

Edited by fools

1 minute ago, fools said:

because a subset of them are irritating ***** goading drivers into confrontation, and filming the twattery n headcams

Rear head cams are there for a reason to stop bad drivers from hitting them from behind, makes much sense to me.

It also acts as a deterrent and now cyclist's are fighting back to stop fools behind a wheel not giving a crap about cyclists 

• Like 1