New Rules To Catch Bad Drivers By Scc

1 hour ago, forgeman said:

Blocking box junctions and the like impedes the flow of traffic through the box. I say get on with it.

Regarding cyclists it annoys me when they drive on the road when there is a purpose made cyclist lane to use, in particular on Penistone road city bound. They avoid any confrontation with motorised vehicles from the cycle lane.

It annoys me when cars are parked in cycling lane inc council vehicles and

police who fine others for similar misdeeds 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cody's Granddad said:

Cyclist's use the outer edge of the road and all you need to do is pass them preferably with the space now been introduced by law.

Of course you probably won't and just moan about another cyclist using the road without paying tax and insurance.

Get over it, cyclists have every right to be on the same road as you and if you don't like it then tough.

I ride on the road because I prefer to than use the same path as pedestrians which is a stupid idea in itself.

Cycle lanes should be inputted into the road not foot paths, when you pass a cyclist just pass with care, it's not rocket science

I always pass with care but some do not. I never mentioned anything about tax and insurance anyway. Why ride on the road when the council has spent significant amount of money just for cyclists. Don't go crying if you are involved in an accident on the road, even if it wasn't your fault. 

58 minutes ago, fools said:

No motorist gets in their car and thinks, I want to have a confrontation with a cyclist today. The reverse is clearly true - there's an army of them chomping at the thought of getting someone done for driving a bit too close

Most cyclists don't even have a mirror, which demonstrates a total lack of driving awareness and contempt for other road users

Your name certainly links with your thoughts..

Why would I need a mirror when I can simply turn my head round and get a full 90 deg turn 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cody's Granddad said:

Why would I need a mirror when I can simply turn my head round and get a full 90 deg turn 

Hmmm... :huh:

Well unless you happen to be some sort of reptilian creature with 360° vision...

... if you're looking behind you, then you're clearly NOT looking where you're going! :roll:

14 minutes ago, Cody's Granddad said:

oh another one, being rude, and not understanding words - It's fools, not Fool, see there is a difference - not a nice retort after I tried to give you  suggestions on how to see a concert - which you wish to travel to by CAR

why do cars need mirrors. Your question is stupid, you need to think a bit harder.

It's like asking why does my bike need lights, when I can see cars

mirror - less than a fiver, could save your life. Got kids with no mirror on their bike .. irresponsible parenting

Edited by fools

2 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

... if you're looking behind you, then you're clearly NOT looking where you're going! :roll:

Same applies to drivers when they look at their speedo or their mirrors or checking the blind spot by - you know - turning their heads.............

Edited by alchresearch

3 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Same applies to drivers when they look at their speedo or their mirrors or checking the blind spot by - you know - turning their heads.............

Hmmm... :huh:

I don't think many drivers swivel their whole body through 180° to look at their speedo...

... but I could be wrong! :hihi: