New Rules To Catch Bad Drivers By Scc

3 minutes ago, Cody's Granddad said:

As a good cyclist who stops at lights and obeys all road laws like cars have to do I'm afraid I rarely come across a dangerous cyclist but I come across dangerous drivers everyday.

Some motorist's have not got any time for cyclist's and they show it by getting to close, being abusive or simply just cutting you off.

Cyclist's aren't perfect we all make mistakes but my camera will show who is to blame and that is what they are for, keeping cyclist's safe from rouge drivers

Try riding without your blinkers on then.

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

You see, I have lost count at the number of cyclists who see a red light in the distance and then decide to mount the pavement and use that to continue their journey, therefore ignoring the red light totally, but kudos to you for not being one of them.

I have noticed at some lights the re is a red strip that allows a cyclist to avoid the light and run onto an existing bike lane, this I suppose is done for safety reasons but still bike lanes on a path for me is another debate

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Try riding without your blinkers on then.

Translate ?

1 minute ago, Cody's Granddad said:

I have noticed at some lights the re is a red strip that allows a cyclist to avoid the light and run onto an existing bike lane, this I suppose is done for safety reasons but still bike lanes on a path for me is another debate

Translate ?

I am not including those instances in my count.

As said before, some cyclists are knobheads and some motorists are too.

• Like 1

Just now, The_DADDY said:

If you are saying you rarely cone across a dangerous cyclist then you are either 

A, Wearing blinkers

B, Ignoring dangerous cyclists

C, Fibbing.

Ooh Wow 3 out of 3 in correct answers but because I said I do come across dangerous cyclists but they are much rarer than dangerous drivers which are a daily occurrence.

I would say to any motorist who has not ridden a bike on todays roads to try it before they comment

19 minutes ago, Cody's Granddad said:

my camera will show who is to blame and that is what they are for

I rest my case

it's not going to save your life, but a £6 mirror could, and it makes riding a bike much more pleasurable

I think Jeremy has one

Edited by fools

19 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

You would have to do it as a percentage of each, tbf, for fairness.

This is a fair point, but does bring us on to the main conclusion that largely overrides every other argument in this discussion.

All road users offend at roughly the same proportionate rate, but their impact on society isn't proportional.

I haven't got this years figures to hand, but motorists can trust me when I say that something in region of about 5 people are killed, 70 injured every day by drivers in motor vehicles. The equivalent figures for cycling are practically zero. In fact, I think it's about 5 people killed by cyclists total over the last two decades, not 1 day.

Long story short, when a cyclist breaks the rules it's just a bit irritating. When a driver breaks the rules it can be deadly and costly*.

*speaking of costs (of damage to property etc.) this is also the reason insurance for cars is compulsory, and but compulsory for cyclists. Because bikes cause a tiny, tiny cost in £££s when it comes to damage to other vehicles, other property etc. Meanwhile, even the slightest bump between two cars for example can lead to £100s in costs, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. It's simply not worth it for the government & insurance companies to be that bothered.

• Thanks 1