Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night .

9 hours ago, retep said:

I wa keepin up wi't times punk rockin,  dint last tho it become a fire hazard.

In school got a right going over for using marge on my hair. It started to smell in the afternoons.

At 17 graduated to transformer oil from the job, mixed with a little "Essence of Violets" from Woolie's. My social life picked up after that. :)

At 18 got my first tube of Brillcreme, and a can of that new magical Gillette Foam shave creme. A Hepwoth.s suit, and dog tooth raglan overcoat, and Locarno here I come!

14 minutes ago, trastrick said:

In school got a right going over for using marge on my hair. It started to smell in the afternoons.

At 17 graduated to transformer oil from the job, mixed with a little "Essence of Violets" from Woolie's. My social life picked up after that. :)

At 18 got my first tube of Brillcreme, and a can of that new magical Gillette Foam shave creme. A Hepwoth.s suit, and dog tooth raglan overcoat, and Locarno here I come!

Peasant , The well dressed building operative would not be seen without his Barney Goodman , Shoulder pads that made it hard to walk through a 2ft - 3inch door way 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Peasant , The well dressed building operative would not be seen without his Barney Goodman , Shoulder pads that made it hard to walk through a 2ft - 3inch door way 

Elitist! :)

We had a few of those!

Barney wouldn't accept Pagets Cheques, or Providence Cheques, and he never sold suits in Flo's Littlewood Catalogue!  :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trastrick said:

Elitist! :)

We had a few of those!

Barney wouldn't accept Pagets Cheques, or Providence Cheques, and he never sold suits in Flo's Littlewood Catalogue!  :)

Barney would accept owt , A little bit off that and little bit of this , Some of his customers where very dodgy .

Us lot ont Gleadless Crescent were good members of the Pagets cheque man , And old Mr Piercey the grocer fromEast Bank Road who would always be OK for some strap when things were hard . Piercey was a mobile Grocer his shop was at the very top of East Bank Road above the Garage who's owners emigrated to Isreal , Just forget their name but it was a good Garage to deal with .

Edited by cuttsie

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

Barney would accept owt , A little bit off that and little bit of this , Some of his customers where very dodgy .

Us lot ont Gleadless Crescent were good members of the Pagets cheque man , And old Mr Piercey the grocer fromEast Bank Road who would always be OK for some strap when things were hard . Piercey was a mobile Grocer his shop was at the very top of East Bank Road above the Garage who's owners emigrated to Isreal , Just forget their name but it was a good Garage to deal with .

Piercy's bus had a regular spot on our Hartopp (Hard up) Road. Mrs Piercy was a little harder with the tick!

The cheque man was Mr Westerman, who made sure there was smoke coming out of the chimney before he wasted his time banging on the door for his late payments.  :)

Edited by trastrick