Sheffield Wednesday V Mansfield Town

bassett one

1 hour ago, crookesey said:

Not Togga, more Soccer, as my wife’s naturalised American cousin insists. I reminded her that not only did we invent the game of Football, we also invented the English language, she appeared to be confused by this. :huh:

Yeah. It's very concerning. The whole World is rapidly adopting 'Amlish' ........ American English.

The latest word to boil my blood (even the BBC is using it) is 'levveridge). So, in future, we'll be using a gear levver will we?

An interview with a Yank footballer after our debacle included the words 'they had a PK'.

Pleeeeeeeeeaaaaasssssse .......NO!

Please don't let PK enter our football speak!!!!!!!!

You watch. Football commentary within 5 years on British telly, will use the terminology 'PK'.

Very lucky today, didnt spring into life until the last 20mins when Bazza came on, Mansfield should have been at least 3 up by HT and missed a hatful of decent chances, Wednesday barely threatened until the last 15 minutes, with Smith scoring twice in 5 minutes, even them stags missed a sitter in stoppage time.

Shocking performance from Wednesday who couldnt string 2 passes together and rarely got behind their defence, credit them they threw caution to the wind and came at Wednesday from the 1st whistle, but couldnt manage a 2nd goal.

Ihiekwes injury looks worrying just before the end, wasnt moving too well clutching his knee.

Edited by staninoodle
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, owl.66 said:

The Fa cup is full of surprises 😮  & in cases upset's can be achieved,  but hey oh onto next round & dem Blades would be my choice & a full house either way 😉 WAWAW 

Would like to see how we’ve come on and play the best team in the area,Rotherham will do for me.

1 hour ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Have they done the draw? Can't find it anywhere if they have and who you got?

As for the game we got the job done eventually , not convinced by the fringe players though.

I was replying to the playing the best team in the area comment, you can't even Barnsley never mind them.

Edited by Alextopman