Reform Of The Nhs

9 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

They still don't run NHS Purchasing!!

BTW - I know who Serco are!!

Where do you think the NHS sources its outsourced services From?

And what do you suppose the CEO does?

Edited by Anna B

21 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Numerous companies/organisations, just as my ex-employers did!!!

So, the NHS needs to provide services and treatments. Do you think these companies/organisations provides these services for free? How does the NHS  pay for them?

Clue:

Boris is always bragging about the millions he is putting into the NHS.

Where does Boris get these millions that he gives to the NHS  from? (IT begins with a T and ends in  ...payer.)

What do you think the NHS does with the money?

a) Spends it on the Services it can no longer provide in house because of cuts to the NHS?

b) Has a jolly good Christmas party?

Bonus point: Guess who provides the accounting and management services to the NHS?

Yes! You just won the Jackpot!  Sercooo! 

Edited by Anna B

3 minutes ago, Anna B said:

So, the NHS needs to provide services and treatments. Do you think it gets these services free? How does the NHS it pay for them?

Clue:

Boris is always bragging about the millions he is putting into the NHS.

Where does Boris get these millions that he gives to the NHS  from? (IT begins with a T and ends in  ...payer.)

What do you think the NHS does with the money?

a) Spends it on the Services it can no longer provide because of cuts to the NHS

b) Has a jolly good Christmas party.

With respect Anna - you're losing touch with reality. The above post fails to make common sense.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Anna B said:

I can assure you that under the Tories an American style healthcare system 

No, you can't.  You are doing nothing more than speculating.

Your lengthy volunteer involvement with the services is admirable.  I'm also human so I give sympathy for the recent illnesses you have suffered and having to be on the other side of such services.

But.  With respect, doing voluntary service, casually chatting to patients and opinionated doctors does not translate to a full comprehensive unequivable understanding of the entire operational, regulatory, economic and political nuances of running a nationalised health system.

Many of the examples you are giving in your post regarding procurement and purchasing an outsourcing highlight to me inefficiencies and incompetence within the organisation. Yes, we all know of the headline ones but there are thousands of legitimate lines of procurement going through every day. Besides, when blame is to be set for some silly, ridiculous expensive purchase, it's going to be one of those thousands and thousands of NHS administrators who made such decision. That includes the layers and layers of senior directors, heads of department, middle management and administrators are they really all necessary?

When nurses and auxiliaries and porters are not performing, making mistakes or failing patient needs, can it really be so simple as to simply say they are rushed and understaffed. Is there not even the distinct possibility that not all of them are pulling their weight? Not all of them are properly following procedure or listening when they are given instructions? Is it beyond the realms of possibility that some of them have an 'I know best' attitude and disregard what they are told?  All of that happens in other firms all the time, so it's hardly beyond reason that it could happen also within the NHS.

Some of the criticisms raised by doctors make me feel they're hypocrites given a great many of them are more than happy to undertake private work or a little bit of paid speaking or lecturing or some medicolegal reports or some consultancy work whenever it's suits to earn a few bucks. Then we have multitude of GP clinics choosing to convert into self-employed partnership practices so they get to control their purse strings and earn far more than a regular salaried GP.  That goes on far more than people think...

Like I said earlier.  Yes, I agree. It does need reform.  A major one.   But there is far more to this than the simplistic approach of blaming privatisation. There are many many aspects of that flabby, overused, mismanaged and IMO overfunded organisation that needs to be looked into.

Edited by ECCOnoob
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Thanks , I thought it was me .:huh:  Give millions to the NHS  but NHS cant provide services because of cuts 

Yes. A deliberate attempt to make the NHS outsource.

Then the government can boast how much it has given to the NHS, knowing it will bypass the NHS (because it can no longer provide the facilities,) and go straight into the hands of the private companies that the chosen MPs and government cronies have shares in. And the rich just keep on getting richer.... clever eh? Isn't life grand!

And there are many more such deals in the pipeline.  

Edited by Anna B

Just now, Anna B said:

Yes. A deliberate attempt to make the NHS outsource.

Then the government can boast how much it has given to the NHS, knowing it will bypass the NHS (because it can no longer provide the facilities, and go straight into the hands of the private companies that the chosen MPs and government cronies have shares in. And the rich just keep on getting richer.... clever eh? Isn't life grand!

And there are many more in the pipeline. 

:huh::huh: