Students Given A Trigger Warning About Classic Poem

If this becomes a requirement it will make attending a play by Shakespeare a somewhat different experience. 

Additional time will be required to enable the ' Trigger Warnings ' to be announced, and dependent on how much detail is required in order to avoid the audiences sensitivities being offended there is a definite possibility of spoiler alerts being required as well.

There are 74 killings in the Bards plays and a number of them are gruesome to say the least. Being baked into a pie being one , definitely offputting if you are going on for a meal afterward!

https://www.everymanplayhouse.com/whats-more/2016/05/17/causes-of-death-in-shakespeare-plays

Also if we're going to go down the PC route there's also the problem of culteral appropriation with old Bill's work, out of 38 plays only 11 are set in England. 

That'll change the syllabus a bit. 

8 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Agreed. But if these 'experts' - to put it politely as this is a family forum - have so much influence, which generation is really to blame? I know which my money is on.

Hmmm, you know what? I see your point.

Never really looked at it like that before.

👍

7 minutes ago, cressida said:

I was walking home after school (be nearly eleven)  and a boy shoved a snowball in my face - after that I started to get tough and got my older brother to teach me to fight,  I never had any trouble after that.

Good on you cressida.

Personally I think all girls should be taught to defend themselves.