Planning For Your Retirement?

11 hours ago, Anna B said:

Or, like me, you might have just missed out on the new rate by 2 months in spite of having worked since 16  until 63, and so be on the old rate of £135 a week, and then not able to get any top up because of a private pension which just goes to making up the shortfall...

Nobody will be worse off said David Cameron.... 

If you look at what I've lost over the next 20 years, (assuming I make it to 83,) it comes to over £40,000. 

....He lied.

You haven't lost out, you still claimed the old style pension, it's others that have had theirs increased. I can understand why you are bitter.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crookesey said:

There are better ways of saving for retirement than paying into a private scheme that limits withdrawals that are also subject to taxation. Look at Cash ISA’s that are tax free and allow you to access YOUR  money if needs must.

I would say that is nonsense too.

You can get 25% tax relief on pension contributions untill the age of 75, when you withdraw the money 25% of it is tax free, then you are taxed at 20%

It is worth it.

6 minutes ago, El Cid said:

I would say that is nonsense too.

You can get 25% tax relief on pension contributions untill the age of 75, when you withdraw the money 25% of it is tax free, then you are taxed at 20%

It is worth it.

You have a right to your opinion without being insulted, I fully support that right.

4 hours ago, crookesey said:

We have the worst State Pension in Europe, this hasn’t just happened overnight and whilst some Labour supporters use this as a club to beat the Tories with I must ask what the Blair/Brown regimes did to help rectify this. 

That is not really true as it depends on how it is calculated and whether it is just a state pension like the UK contributed to by NI contributions. Each country has different systems in place on how it is contributed to and calculated with different retirement ages that need also to be taken into account, so it's not easy to compare.

11 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

That is not really true as it depends on how it is calculated and whether it is just a state pension like the UK contributed to by NI contributions. Each country has different systems in place on how it is contributed to and calculated with different retirement ages that need also to be taken into account, so it's not easy to compare.

www.ftadviser.com pensions