Do Dreamies Cat Treats Contain Heroin.

The_DADDY

Or some other addictive substance?

Now, I'm not saying the do but I have my suspicions.

My reason for asking is I bought my cat a pack. I don't usually buy cat treats. It's not the cost or the fact they are probably not great for the cats diet. It's more to do with the fact our cat thinks he owns the house. We feed him. We care for him. We take care of all his needs. However if I dare to try and show him some affection and cuddle him he turns in to freddy kruger, the claws come of and the fight is on.

Anyway, Dreamies. So I give him one and I almost lose the tip of my finger. 

He likes them, cool.

So I give him a few more , then a few more, then finally one more. I put the packet away and since then he's been sat at the kitchen door crying like a lil girl, scratching the door, pulling up my carpet all to get at the heroin, I mean Dreamies. 

It's been 4 hours now.

He's been offered fish, ham, his favourite catfood but noooooooo. He wants his new fix.

What should I do?

23 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

My reason for asking is I bought my cat a pack. I don't usually buy cat treats. It's not the cost or the fact they are probably not great for the cats diet. It's more to do with the fact our cat thinks he owns the house. We feed him. We care for him. We take care of all his needs. However if I dare to try and show him some affection and cuddle him he turns in to freddy kruger, the claws come of and the fight is on.

He likes them, cool.

So I give him a few more , then a few more, then finally one more. I put the packet away and since then he's been sat at the kitchen door crying like a lil girl, scratching the door, pulling up my carpet all to get at the heroin, I mean Dreamies. 

It's been 4 hours now.

He's been offered fish, ham, his favourite catfood but noooooooo. He wants his new fix.

What should I do?

You could do what I used to do and order mega tubs from Amazon subscribe and save. Cost me a fortune

13 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

You could do what I used to do and order mega tubs from Amazon subscribe and save. Cost me a fortune

Thanks but dreamies are now banned from his diet.

The little bugger scraped the door right to the bare wood 😬

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

:rolleyes:

Oh Hiya you 👋 

Are you ever going to offer anything productive to my threads or are you just stalking me again?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

He likes them, cool.

It's been 4 hours now.

What should I do?

We give both our cats Dreamies very sparingly.

A few years ago, we were getting help from our vets because my older cat needed to lose about 1.5 kilos. The nurse who was helping us, wasn't very impressed with Dreamies in terms of the quality of the ingredients. Since then, we barely use them. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SFBeca said:

now have you ever given your cat these? they go bonkers for them! https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/gol-ui/product/webbox-lick-e-lix-cat-treat--salmon-5x15g 

I've tried these with the neighbour's cat, he liked them.

Though I thought they smelt a bit funny.

Not sure if it was the salmon one though...I'll try them out on him, next time I'm in Sainsburys.

• Like 1