Vintage Radio Hallam 1978 Recording Online

Listening to Goldenfleece's Hallam recording has answered me a question.In 1979 I bought a single that was to become one of my all time favourites;Baby Hold On by Eddie Money.He has never had a hit in the UK but is still going strong in the US.I have often wondered where I got to hear of him and the tape of the Legendary Ray Stuart has answered my question.Cheers.:thumbsup:

Sometime in the mid 70's I had one of those Radio Hallam yearbooks ..... took it to their reception & asked the woman if she could get anyone to sign it ... got a phone call a week later, everyone who presented at the time signed it & anyone else who was in the book also signed it on their page. Thats in my parents attic somewhere ( I hope)

Was the year book a glossy (black with orange/red) "magazine" with heavy covers? If so I have one of those somewhere, sadly no signatures.

Radio Hallam also did a newspaper at one point, only ever go hold of one edition so guess it wasn't a great success.

Listening to Goldenfleece's Hallam recording has answered me a question.In 1979 I bought a single that was to become one of my all time favourites;Baby Hold On by Eddie Money.He has never had a hit in the UK but is still going strong in the US.I have often wondered where I got to hear of him and the tape of the Legendary Ray Stuart has answered my question.Cheers.:thumbsup:

I love Eddie Money....did you notice the version on the Hallam mp3 was different to the version on the UK Eddie Money albums? Compare them, its interesting, no instrumental break for one....and repeat of verse 1.....

http://baxterdeffon.netfast.org/hallam/hallam78.mp3

not had time to mess with it and remove tape noise, edit, equalize it, etc, its rough and ready.......38 MB file size, lowest size I could make it in Adobe Audition...48 minutes long approx...VERY dated but wonderful...it SHOULD stream on even slow connections as its high compression....

dont know what my bandwidth limit is so if it does not start......er....try again another day...

STOP PRESS

recompresSed the file, its now about 10MB and sounds almost the same quality

says 7mb in my download manager :P

LOL...I have just found mine and a lot contain me training as a DJ in 1975.

I might play bits on my show on Sheffield live and embarrass myself.

How do I put them on to CD.

i have seperates with a cd recorder :)

I understand from a friend, that Kelly Temple is no longer in show biz type work. He owns one or more deli's in London, 'Kelly's deli's' and is married with children.

Must look him up next time in London.......wonder if he has any old tapes himself of the good old days of Hallam.....

extracts from KELLY TEMPLE Sunday morning show September 1980 interviewing KATE BUSH

A very crackly telephone interview, I'd forgotten how crackly old telephones were before they were all digital. I wonder if Kate can remember that interview.

Archived