Derby County V Sheffield Wednesday Fc

bassett one

6 minutes ago, owl.66 said:

Yep the bigger team ,with more finance difficulties than  the Owls. 😗

12 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

I’m just going on what Derby said, they say 11 clean sheets so I quote them. I didn’t stipulate which competitions because I don’t care enough to research what they quote. But if they say it, I’m inclined to believe it aren’t I.

8 clean sheets in the League.

Joe Wildsmith has started all 18 of Derby’s League One fixtures so far this season, continuing as the club’s No.1. He’s conceded only 16 goals in that time, as well as registering seven clean sheets.

12 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

8 clean sheets in the League.

Joe Wildsmith has started all 18 of Derby’s League One fixtures so far this season, continuing as the club’s No.1. He’s conceded only 16 goals in that time, as well as registering seven clean sheets.

Might be wrong but Stockdale has kept 8 clean sheets & conceded 11 in league 1 so far .

8 minutes ago, owl.66 said:

Might be wrong but Stockdale has kept 8 clean sheets & conceded 11 in league 1 so far .

Wildsmith should be the Owls no one now , Why bring players through the  system for years  then let them go to so called bigger clubs . 

Sheffields  second pro team ( The  Johnny come latelys  who play on our old pitch).  Are a prime example as ,    they have let some of the best players in England go , Although unlike the Owls they dragged in Millions of spondooolies that some how vanished into hotels and property .

Most off those players were Wednesdayites by the way  . Its a funny old game int it 

12 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Wildsmith should be the Owls no one now , Why bring players through the  system for years  then let them go to so called bigger clubs . 

Sheffields  second pro team ( The  Johnny come latelys  who play on our old pitch).  Are a prime example as ,    they have let some of the best players in England go , Although unlike the Owls they dragged in Millions of spondooolies that some how vanished into hotels and property .

Most off those players were Wednesdayites by the way  . Its a funny old game int it 

United sold a 15 year old for £2m a few weeks ago and one is reputed to have gone to Man City for big money last week.

It helps pay the bills which has never been a strong point of the second best club in the City.

Who they support is irrelevant but I would like to know how the LBG manure company fan knows this.

43 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Well my thoughts on wildsmith,  great lad good goal keeper but I don't think he would be No1  bringing  stockdale in as he is a proven goalkeeper in league 1 & if  he hadn't  come to Hillsborough i still think he would be behind Dawson tbh, but would have liked.him to stay & fight to be No1 not second fidle , but hey oh onwards & upwards 

23 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

How many times does it need explaining to you that the Lane is not your old pitch? Obtuse doesn't even begin to describe it.

I'll   type   this   very   slowly   in   order   to   give   you   a   chance   to   comprehend.

The Wednesday, as they were then known played at Olive Grove and one or two other places. When they had a match that they knew would attract a bigger crowd than their own ground could accomodate they hired the use of Bramall Lane.

When White Hart Lane was being rebuilt Spurs hired Wembley and played in it many more times than The Wednesday played at Bramall Lane. Wembley is not Spurs ground, understand?

The Wednesday chose to leave the city of Sheffield and move to a ground outside the city boundary. In 1929 forty years after the formation of Sheffield United The Wednesday decided to add the city name to their title as the city boundary had been extended at that time to include parts of South Barnsley.

Now, in order to remove all doubt and prevent you from continuing to make yourself look daft take a look at this.   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steel_City_derby

In particular take note  of the very first derby meeting between the two clubs, a friendly which took place at The Wednesdays home ground of Olive Grove.

The return friendly took place at Sheffield Uniteds home ground, Bramall Lane.

Sheffield United are the City of Sheffields one true and indisputable professional football club. Sheffield FC and Hallam however have their unchallenged  place in football history and no Blade would deny it to them.

As for the other comment, I appreciate that paying your way is an alien concept for some of you owls but it's the way most of the world operates.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, m williamson said:

How many times does it need explaining to you that the Lane is not your old pitch? Obtuse doesn't even begin to describe it.

I'll   type   this   very   slowly   in   order   to   give   you   a   chance   to   comprehend.

The Wednesday, as they were then known played at Olive Grove and one or two other places. When they had a match that they knew would attract a bigger crowd than their own ground could accomodate they hired the use of Bramall Lane.

When White Hart Lane was being rebuilt Spurs hired Wembley and played in it many more times than The Wednesday played at Bramall Lane. Wembley is not Spurs ground, understand?

The Wednesday chose to leave the city of Sheffield and move to a ground outside the city boundary. In 1929 forty years after the formation of Sheffield United The Wednesday decided to add the city name to their title as the city boundary had been extended at that time to include parts of South Barnsley.

Now, in order to remove all doubt and prevent you from continuing to make yourself look daft take a look at this.   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steel_City_derby

In particular take note  of the very first derby meeting between the two clubs, a friendly which took place at The Wednesdays home ground of Olive Grove.

The return friendly took place at Sheffield Uniteds home ground, Bramall Lane.

Sheffield United are the City of Sheffields one true and indisputable professional football club. Sheffield FC and Hallam however have their unchallenged  place in football history and no Blade would deny it to them.

As for the other comment, I appreciate that paying your way is an alien concept for some of you owls but it's the way most of the world operates.

You can't educate Pork.