Derby County V Sheffield Wednesday Fc

bassett one

31 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

The match was crap . But no need for the personal slagging off , after all its only banter  int it ,  as we are always being told by others who it seems take another view when a funny little fellow gives it back .

Teckin dog out .

Have you done your script for the Beano and Dandy yet Mr don't get personal ?.

The match wasn't very good two evenly matched teams cancelled each other out but what do you expect from the third tier?.

Edited by Alextopman

1 hour ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

Unitedites on here conveniently forgetting they were in the Pub League for six years....but then history doesn't apply to them until Wilder took over....

We were in that league with Wilder, we won it you never have.

Keep repeating the same crap line someone might notice.

Oops I did.

Edited by Alextopman

5 minutes ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

Might be a crap line...but its a fact...

It is.

It isn't.

United fans don't bury their heads in the sand talking about decades ago to make the reality of the present any easier.

Do you think Bannan and todays team give a toss about the last century when they're at Morecombe this season?.

Edited by Alextopman

1 hour ago, Alextopman said:

It is.

It isn't.

United fans don't bury their heads in the sand talking about decades ago to make the reality of the present any easier.

Do you think Bannan and todays team give a toss about the last century when they're at Morecombe this season?.

Where has anyone said that what happened decades ago makes a difference to when they're at Morecombe this season.....?

1 hour ago, cmonkes said:

I’ve not forgotten it one bit, however I can 100% say that I didn’t have the mentality and disrespect that Wednesday fans seem to have  for the other teams.

When we found ourselves in that league, we were there on merit. Regardless of what has ever happened before, it was more recent form and ownership decisions that led to our demise. Regardless how much larger the infrastructure of the club was to the rest of the league, or how our fan base was significantly superior to them…. It meant nothing. It was a level playing field.

They fact that we spent an extended period in the league was a true showing that we had found our level at that particular point in our history. We had to take every opponent on the same merit, they played at the same level as us and we couldn’t disregard them.

I didn’t whinge every week about how we were too big for that league, or how every game against us was the opponents FA cup. I didn’t blame bad results on physicality or parking the bus, I just got on with it. I accepted that it was a level playing field and that we would win some and lose some. It was our job to sort it out and to get ourselves out of it on merit.

Who's been whinging every week about Wednesday being too big for the league..?

Edited by Sheridan1-0

Just now, Sheridan1-0 said:

Where has anyone said that what happened decades ago makes a difference to when they're at Morecombe this season.....?

It has been stated that the past is good to fall back on in  present times which is the same thing, Morecombe is just an example if you wish to nit pick feel free to choose  another third tier team.

9 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

It has been stated that the past is good to fall back on in  present times which is the same thing, Morecombe is just an example if you wish to nit pick feel free to choose  another third tier team.

So....No one has actually said that what happened in the past makes any difference to todays results ....Its just you making stuff up to suit your argument isn't it...

47 minutes ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

So....No one has actually said that what happened in the past makes any difference to todays results ....Its just you making stuff up to suit your argument isn't it...

If you read my last post yes they have I don't need to make stuff up to get you arguing you jump at it.

"It's good to have the past to fall back on" have a look round its there in black and white.

How would you like it if Darren Moore came out with, "yeh but we played in Europe in the 90's" after a loss?.

32 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Cream always rises to the top  . 

It must be in a big bottle, 20 odds years we can see why you're so sour.